Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

241 posts in this topic

Posted

Well said. I'd also like to add one of the things Gettleman likes to say: Oftentimes the answer is on your roster...

The only folks that know what will transpire this year are the realists. They just know we are doomed. The rest of us all live in denial.......Smitty is done, we have no weapons. Does not matter that our D just got a poo ton better. We will suck because we didn't draft Smitty's replacement. And because we always suck. Oh, the inhumanity.

1 person likes this

Posted

i am not trying to detract from Cam's accomplishments.

But we had several huge plays form the screen game and players making plays after the catch. I remember Tolbert having a few, D-Will had a few, Pilares had a TD against Atlanta on a quick screen.

We had a lot of huge plays out of our screen game.

But, but, but, We are a vertical passing team. Until we find that vertical threat we are doomed. ......Right?..... I love this place. Where else, but at the inlaws, can you be belittled for disagreeing with someone? I don't feel we are doomed in the least. So I am an ignorant inbred homer with the football knowledge of a 4 year old.

Posted

I am very happy with our draft. Our only red flag on offense was RG. We brought someone in who can compete. We have plenty of Touchdown scorers. We have plenty of weapons. It falls on Shula to utilize them.

Posted

its insane to feel sorry for some that makes more 2 years than you will earn in a life time.

Apparently he was told to go sit in the corner and color while Rivera and Gettleman go crazy on defense.

Posted

We have to start letting Cam manage games like a Wilson or Kaep than trying to put the game on his shoulder. Play hard defense, run the ball, and manage the offense.

That is not Cam's game, and in my estimation it shouldn't be.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jesus, I'm not even going to argue with a guy who calls a 28 year old tight end playing at a pro bowl level a "middle aged TE the bears were giving away"

The offense is fine, quit being a pussy.

We were specially talking about drafting young players to grow up with their QB.

Olsen is a nice addition for a young guy....bc he is a middle aged vet player. But he is it. That is all they have done for Cam as we approach 3 seasons...

But I won't be responding with you after this post.....when people can't use big boy words and resort to garbage I bail.

Posted

That is not Cam's game, and in my estimation it shouldn't be.

How??

Cam's time at Auburn, he depended heavily on a very very good Auburn Defense. He only attempted 280 passes while relying on Michael Dwyer's ground game.

Compare to other QBs:

-Luck attempted 288 (2009), 372 (2010), and 404 (2011)passes while at Standford.

-RG3 attempted 454 (2010) and 402 (2011) at Baylor

-Wilson attempted 378 (2009), 527 (2010), and 309 (2011) passes at State/Wisconsin

-Kaepernick attempted 383 (2009), 282 (2010), and 359 (2010) at Neveda

The only thing different now from Cam's Auburn time is that we explored him and found out that he can be something larger. But, imo I think that's the reason why we're losing so much games. We put the games on his shoulders too much. Teams win games when the QB manage the game. Look what separate Brady's 3x SB rings from Peyton's 1 SB ring. The difference is that Brady is a better game manager than Peyton. Brady rely on other players around him and on the other side of the ball to help him win. Cam is in the same situation as Peyton when he was with INDY. He has to win by himself.

With Chud gone, and us having "three very good backs + a rookie Kenjon Barner", and "Star" + "Short", we need to go back to running the ball, playing hard, tough defense, and let Cam rely on the running game instead of putting the game on his shoulder.

Posted

How many of those aforementioned teams had back to back top ten offenses when they made those picks?

and how many of those teams have been to the playoffs? Billick even called Newton the forgotten man before the draft because this team has showed no effort in building around him. the first 3 picks are great, but those last 2 was ??????? when several playmaking WRs and TEs were on the board that could have come in contributed.

Posted

and how many of those teams have been to the playoffs? Billick even called Newton the forgotten man before the draft because this team has showed no effort in building around him. the first 3 picks are great, but those last 2 was ??????? when several playmaking WRs and TEs were on the board that could have come in contributed.

agree

Posted

The 2nd was not great

Assuming we don't make any moves in FA, I feel Cam and the running game will struggle this year. Once again missing the playoffs

Sad part is Marqise Lee will be gone by time we pick next year

Posted

He was the forgotten Man due to Chud's dumb ass playcalling.

Not because he didn't have weapons.

Use his weapons and he will soar again.

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel sorry for Cam, his rookie year will be the best offense he has in Carolina. I am happy we upgraded the D line tho.

Cam has WAY more potential and talent than Eli, IMO.