• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#191 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yes loaded.

You have D-Will, Stewart, Tolbert, Olsen, Gross, Kalil, Smitty, and perhaps the most dynamic QB in the NFL that is still getting better as established plus offensive players.

You have Laffell that is emerging as a legit #2 receiver who has made several big plays the last two seasons.

Gettis flashed as a rookie but is admittedly recovering from some injuries. Pilares is a big play threat when he is on the field, we just signed Hixon, Joe Adams is still developing but is great in space and could be a big play threat.

Yeah, we are loaded with talent, and a lot of the receivers are young and still developing.

The only area I am concerned about in the immediate future is the O-line, but we also have a big hog molly playing QB that mitigates some of those issues.

Don't get me wrong, I still feel like we need to find a long term solution to replace Smith when he hangs up his cleats, but honestly, I don't see a lot in this draft that was available when we picked in the 2nd that could be that guy and by the 4th it becomes even more difficult to get a future #1 guy. If we went WR in the 4th we would likely have a guy in the same boat as Kilares, Adams, and Gettis. It would just add another guy fighting for the #4 WR spot.

So yeah we are pretty loaded, and I would take our offensive talent up against just about any other offense in the NFL.

Well said. I'd also like to add one of the things Gettleman likes to say: Oftentimes the answer is on your roster...

#192 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

OH NOSE GUIYS, WE DIDN'T DRAFT SMITTY'S REPLACEMENT. WE GONNA SUCK. It's hilarious. Four negative nancy's against the world. Not one of them offer anything more than their dull wit and sarcasm. ....... If we lose this year. Rivera is gone. Our new coach may not want Cam, so Cam will be gone. Priceless. Gettlemen didn't help Cam out because he doesn't like the kind of QB Cam is. You can't make this stuff up. Well, I guess you can, cuz I read it.

#193 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Well said. I'd also like to add one of the things Gettleman likes to say: Oftentimes the answer is on your roster...

The only folks that know what will transpire this year are the realists. They just know we are doomed. The rest of us all live in denial.......Smitty is done, we have no weapons. Does not matter that our D just got a poo ton better. We will suck because we didn't draft Smitty's replacement. And because we always suck. Oh, the inhumanity.

#194 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

i am not trying to detract from Cam's accomplishments.

But we had several huge plays form the screen game and players making plays after the catch. I remember Tolbert having a few, D-Will had a few, Pilares had a TD against Atlanta on a quick screen.

We had a lot of huge plays out of our screen game.

But, but, but, We are a vertical passing team. Until we find that vertical threat we are doomed. ......Right?..... I love this place. Where else, but at the inlaws, can you be belittled for disagreeing with someone? I don't feel we are doomed in the least. So I am an ignorant inbred homer with the football knowledge of a 4 year old.

#195 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I am very happy with our draft. Our only red flag on offense was RG. We brought someone in who can compete. We have plenty of Touchdown scorers. We have plenty of weapons. It falls on Shula to utilize them.

#196 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn yo moma
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

its insane to feel sorry for some that makes more 2 years than you will earn in a life time.

Apparently he was told to go sit in the corner and color while Rivera and Gettleman go crazy on defense.

#197 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

We have to start letting Cam manage games like a Wilson or Kaep than trying to put the game on his shoulder. Play hard defense, run the ball, and manage the offense.

That is not Cam's game, and in my estimation it shouldn't be.

#198 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Jesus, I'm not even going to argue with a guy who calls a 28 year old tight end playing at a pro bowl level a "middle aged TE the bears were giving away"

The offense is fine, quit being a pussy.

We were specially talking about drafting young players to grow up with their QB.

Olsen is a nice addition for a young guy....bc he is a middle aged vet player. But he is it. That is all they have done for Cam as we approach 3 seasons...

But I won't be responding with you after this post.....when people can't use big boy words and resort to garbage I bail.

#199 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

That is not Cam's game, and in my estimation it shouldn't be.

How??

Cam's time at Auburn, he depended heavily on a very very good Auburn Defense. He only attempted 280 passes while relying on Michael Dwyer's ground game.

Compare to other QBs:
-Luck attempted 288 (2009), 372 (2010), and 404 (2011)passes while at Standford.
-RG3 attempted 454 (2010) and 402 (2011) at Baylor
-Wilson attempted 378 (2009), 527 (2010), and 309 (2011) passes at State/Wisconsin
-Kaepernick attempted 383 (2009), 282 (2010), and 359 (2010) at Neveda

The only thing different now from Cam's Auburn time is that we explored him and found out that he can be something larger. But, imo I think that's the reason why we're losing so much games. We put the games on his shoulders too much. Teams win games when the QB manage the game. Look what separate Brady's 3x SB rings from Peyton's 1 SB ring. The difference is that Brady is a better game manager than Peyton. Brady rely on other players around him and on the other side of the ball to help him win. Cam is in the same situation as Peyton when he was with INDY. He has to win by himself.

With Chud gone, and us having "three very good backs + a rookie Kenjon Barner", and "Star" + "Short", we need to go back to running the ball, playing hard, tough defense, and let Cam rely on the running game instead of putting the game on his shoulder.

#200 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

How many of those aforementioned teams had back to back top ten offenses when they made those picks?

and how many of those teams have been to the playoffs? Billick even called Newton the forgotten man before the draft because this team has showed no effort in building around him. the first 3 picks are great, but those last 2 was ??????? when several playmaking WRs and TEs were on the board that could have come in contributed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users