• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#46 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

lol are you seriously implying he's going to get rid of cam because he's a mobile quaterback

franchise qbs just grow on trees now, I see.

CRA got into his pills a little earlier than usual today.

Cam has better decision making, a stronger arm and more consistent ball placement than eli ever has. Not to mention his ability to extend plays and convert with his legs. The only thing Gettleman probably doesn't like is the gimmicky college offense we ran. Chances are we gut a big portion of our option plays.

#47 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

What are you smoking ?

Nothing.

Gettlemen is old school....he doesn't believe in new school football. He inherited a coaching staff and their QB...

For Cam to succeed he needs a team that is willing to at least by year 3 to of started to tailor its talent around him. None of that is occurring.

Instead people will bitch about why Newton can't hit Ted Gin for TDs as our young DII Gs have been run over....

#48 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Olsen, Dwill, Stew, Tolbert!!!!
We got to utilize what we have.

Teams win games by running the ball to set up the pass game.

"lyk zomg guys how cool would it be if we stuck all 3 of those back on the field at the same time and they could ALLLL protect Cam while he tries to find our one viable receiving option!!!!"

#49 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Don't feel sorry for Shula. This offense is loaded with talent. We do need some pieces to ensure the future, but for the present we have a ton of offensive talent.

#50 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Who stretches the field for our team?

Ginn? Gettis? lol

#51 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• ALL-PRO
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

You guys are crazy.

Playmakers on Offense
1first round QB (both with his arms and legs)
2 first round RBs (this is huge considering the amount that we will run and the screen passes)
1 first round TE (we got him for a 3rd pick)
Smitty who is getting up there but still a great playmaker
WR in Lafell 2nd round and has improved every yr not to mention made huge strides last year
FA WRs Hixon(very solid slot guy) and Ginn (punt returner but can fill in at times in the slot)

Question Marks: Gettis and Adams (Don't know what they will do but there is potential there)

#52 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

He can if we make him one. I'm not talking about Delhomme managing. I'm talking Wilson and Kaep managing. Run the ball to set of the passing game, instead of trying to pass to set up the run game.

Cam a game manager?

WTF would we want a dynamic player like Cam to be a mere game manager? I'm starting to see what CRA is saying. It's looking like Gettleman is fazing Cam out, and taking us back to an old smash mouth, defensive minded team. That would've been cool years ago, but in a passing league, it's not going to work. Looking more and more like Cam's best offensive unit will be that unit he had his first year. We needed offensive weapons this year, and have failed to address that. We still have nobody that can stretch the field for those bombs that Cam can throw, and is a strength for him.

#53 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

We have more weapons than last year, hixon and Gunn for Murphy, thanks I will take that any day of the year.

Olsen, Dwill, Stew, Tolbert!!!!
We got to utilize what we have.

Teams win games by running the ball to set up the pass game.

#54 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

CRA got into his pills a little earlier than usual today.

Cam has better decision making, a stronger arm and more consistent ball placement than eli ever has. Not to mention his ability to extend plays and convert with his legs. The only thing Gettleman probably doesn't like is the gimmicky college offense we ran. Chances are we gut a big portion of our option plays.

You will find no bigger Newton fan than I here...

I am no fan of anyone who doesn't fully embrace all Newton has to offer. Nor am I a fan of not giving him weapons to be great. Newton is entering year 3....name one young guy in 3 years we have added to grow with Cam?

#55 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Saying this offense is loaded with talent is such a hilariously deluded fantasy it's not even funny.

There is one viable outside weapon. There is one viable inside weapon. There isn't enough work to go around for our overstock at RB as it is, as we continue to see Cam grow into leading a modern NFL offense.

Seeing people try to deceive themselves of otherwise is absolutely comical.

#56 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,732 posts

I didn't know that Gettleman must fill all of our holes with mediocre talent to fulfill the impatience of the masses. You sound like the guys on the Drive on 610. What WR from round 4 - 7 could beat those guys out?

Oh thats right Roger Da'Rick is rated 74.4 by NFL. He would def be the man to take over for our mediocre 5th WR position.

Nah. Steve Smith is still young and this is Gettis' year anyhow. Did you see that 49er game in 2010?!

#57 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

I swear to God, if David Gettleman runs Cam Newtwon out of town I will quit watching football completely.

Stop putting these thoughts in my head, guys.

#58 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Who stretches the field for our team?

Ginn? Gettis? lol

I'm still trying to find this out myself, lol. *waits for others to come in here with a Gettis is going to magically appear and be that #1 WR for us post*

#59 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• ALL-PRO
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Nah. Steve Smith is still young and this is Gettis' year anyhow. Did you see that 49er game in 2010?!

So who would you have picked with our 4th or 5th pick to take Smitty's place and/or Gettis'?

#60 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,223 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Now I know why Zod does not ban posters for bring idiots.....because there would only be Sony 3 people left to post on here.

And no Growl and CRA....you would not be one if those left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com