• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#91 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

AND that includes Cam. Gettlemen is old and believes in old football. I have said it since he arrived. Newton will be gone soon....and that will be unfortunate. He is the type game changer a franchise may never see again....but you have to be all in with him.

Did you not listen to gettleman's press conference when he was being introduced? He said that superbowl winning teams need two things an elite qb and a stout defense. Gettleman said that we already have our elite qb now we just need to build up our defense.

If you don't like cam for whatever reason then say it, don't try to put words in gettleman's mouth and act as if he wants another qb. Cam is our franchise qb, gettleman believes, the owner believes it. The only people who don't are people like you.

I have to wonder if people on this forum are not tired of being wrong when they say stupid things like this.

#92 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Not going through the apology thread, but wanted to say that Shula might be thrilled now that he won't have to put up 40 each Sunday to win

#93 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

So we shouldn't have drafted Star? Because none of the receivers available when we picked in the second were very good.

It's funny you keep clinging to this and then defend every move we make as "OMG YOU GUYS DONT KNOW AS MUCH AS THE LEAGUE PEOPLE!!"

Seems a lot of league people disagree with your honestly, incredibly false assessment.

#94 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Speculating Cam might be gone is stupid. He's Gettleman's Eli Manning 2.0. Strong arm for down field throws, kind of streaky accuracy, with the added bonus of being able to run and not look so goofy.

#95 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

I disagree. There was plenty of talent on the board that could have came in and competed for playing time.

#96 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,635 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Jesus, you want us to plunge into the middle rounds of one of the worst skill position drafts in memory for "the future". Take a step back and get some perspective. A fourth round pick on some random asshat in this draft was not going to be "the future".

It's the NFL, you can't have awesome young talent waiting at every position. That is not how this league works. Maybe we'll get a top flight guy next year, maybe not.

I have no idea what your last sentence means.

Last sentence means this....name a young QB in the NFL that has started for at leas 2 years not named Cam. I will then show you the purpose of the question....

#97 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,331 posts

yeah guys i mean we're fine on offense we have three runningbacks AND gettis!!!!

I admit that I have spent more time in the tinderbox lately and may have missed something.

But do we still have Laffell and Olsen and didn't we sign Hixon this offseason?

And did we cut Adams or Pilares that are developing as slot guys?

We have more than Gettis that we can count on and develop.

Unless we now the cool thing to do is act like Lafell and Olsen just flat suck.

#98 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,195 posts

its the end of the world as we know it...

#99 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Huddle experts wanted K Allen at 14 when the entire NFL did not want him until the 3rd round.

Huddle experts wanted Jesse William at 14 when the entire NFL did not want him until the 5th round.

And now the Huddle experts are slinging their well informed sour grapes at each pick.

Hey guys, go get a job, buy a team, and draft whoever the heck you want. Al Davis, when he got senile, would draft only with a stopwatch in mind and you see what it got him. Quit whining.

#100 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I mean, we're arguing about how we got better.

Arguing over additions. Its not like we got worse people.

#101 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

It's funny you keep clinging to this and then defend every move we make as "OMG YOU GUYS DONT KNOW AS MUCH AS THE LEAGUE PEOPLE!!"

Seems a lot of league people disagree with your honestly, incredibly false assessment.

You don't know as much as the league people, genius. And this wide receiver class is terrible. I'm not the one going ALL CAPS over the fact that we didn't reach for Keenan Allen's busted knee in the second.

#102 DFive

DFive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I got no issue with the talent drafted. I got an issue with Cam entering his 3rd year....and not one young weapon drafted. THAT is actually a very off and rare thing....which everyone glosses over. Yet people will bitch about why Newton isn't becoming the guy they thought he could be....

I agree in the sense that I, too, wanted Cam to get a young WR to have grow with him for the next 10 years, but it didn't happen this draft. Instead, we went the route of building from the inside-out. I have to assume that next year's draft will be the draft that everyone wished this one was. Assuming the picks that Gettlemen made to the lines pan out, then we'll definitely go WR/CB/S. But for now, in Gettlemen we trust.

#103 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

its the end of the world as we know it...

I feel fine. It's time I had some time alone.

#104 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,635 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Speculating Cam might be gone is stupid. He's Gettleman's Eli Manning 2.0. Strong arm for down field throws, kind of streaky accuracy, with the added bonus of being able to run and not look so goofy.

Newton is not Manning 2.0.

Newton should be something completely different and much better if he becomes what he has the ability to be.

#105 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I guess since you are a drafting guru which direction should we have gone your enlighten one? Please tell me with the picks that were available so we can document their progress as the season goes and don't take all day trying cram media draft boards to fins your way.

Have already answered that...several times.

We have historically been a terrible team, which is the purpose of what I said...there is no roots for us, other than failure.

It's quite humorous actually that people can pump their chest like our FO knows poo with how pathetic our team is historically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com