• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#106 Louie

Louie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

The most disappointing thing I think is seeing other teams with young QB's make a concentrated efforts to take the next step with his development. It really almost as if Gettleman doesn't see him as the future which is utterly hilarious.

I guess you have sat down and Gettleman and he told you this? Just because we drafted the best DT in the draft at an area of need in the 1st and another good DT in the 2nd and we didn't draft a WR that would most likely be a 3rd WR burried on the depth chart in the 4th round? Are you even thinking about what you are typing before you post it? Didn't Hixon burn our ass last year? Maybe he is a decent slot receiver that didn't get as much playing time because of Cruz? I think we are fine this year. Hurney couldn't draft a DT to save his life thtat was worth a crap. My only real concern at this point is I think we could use a better FS and another good TE (Cam was better with Shockey in 12 personnel sets). I prefer to think our defense is going to win us those games we would have lost this year.

#107 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,614 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

I mean, we're arguing about how we got better.

Arguing over additions. Its not like we got worse people.

Tell me how the 2013 offense surrounding Newton is better than 2012.

Remember, guys like Gross, Smith, Williams, etc aren't constants. They actually are getting slowly worse each year. They will be slightly downgraded versions of what they where if we are lucky.

#108 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Historically huh, but as soon as we let a player walk in free agency teams scramble to pick them up. Besides this Daves first draft so you were saying your guruness?

Have already answered that...several times.

We have historically been a terrible team, which is the purpose of what I said...there is no roots for us, other than failure.

It's quite humorous actually that people can pump their chest like our FO knows poo with how pathetic our team is historically.

#109 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Last sentence means this....name a young QB in the NFL that has started for at leas 2 years not named Cam. I will then show you the purpose of the question....

Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, and Sam Bradford. There's a couple, now go for your point.

#110 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

in fact we all need to sign a petition for you to be the gm for the team so you can screw things up so we can publicly stone you on camera in front of the stadium.

Have already answered that...several times.

We have historically been a terrible team, which is the purpose of what I said...there is no roots for us, other than failure.

It's quite humorous actually that people can pump their chest like our FO knows poo with how pathetic our team is historically.

#111 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

haha good one, I got burned bad guys!

Try not to feel too bad. He called me a dork.

#112 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Historically huh, but as soon as we let a player walk in free agency teams scramble to pick them up. Besides this Daves first draft so you were saying your guruness?

Letting our players walk in FA and not getting anything for them is a huge reason why we are who we are.

Saints got a 4th for Chris fugin Ivory....lol

#113 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Defense wins Championships!

We have a plethora of weapons on the O side... And I never bought us drafting a receiver in this draft. Not with the additions, and Gettis still here.

The real mystery is we met with a TON of WRs and its so odd we havent drafted one, how probable is it out of ALL the WRs we met with we didnt like a single one?! Just odd is all

#114 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,194 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

In 18 years we've had four winning seasons. There's really no way sugarcoating that, and what does FA pickups have to do with our team not having roots of success? You're really proving your worth as a poster here....

#115 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,866 posts

Remember the last 2 seasons when the d was giving up 20+ points a game?

Hard to imagine that this season. I'm happy.

#116 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,194 posts

Try not to feel too bad. He called me a dork.

He pulled out the big guns on you. Sorry man, Im sure you're curled up in the fetal position now...

#117 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

In 18 years we've had four winning seasons. There's really no way sugarcoating that, and what does FA pickups have to do with our team not having roots of success. You're really proving your worth as a poster here....

Not hard to understand is it...

I will question every move this team makes until they prove to me I should do otherwise.

#118 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,463 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

The most disappointing thing I think is seeing other teams with young QB's make a concentrated efforts to take the next step with his development. It really almost as if Gettleman doesn't see him as the future which is utterly hilarious.

lol, I couldn't disagree more. You draw this conclusion because he didn't draft a WR? Getting a versatile O-Lineman doesn't help Cam? Making the defense better doesn't help Cam?

Of course have a better WR corps helps Cam but to say Gettleman doesn't see Cam as the future from his 1st FA and the draft is fugging asinine.

#119 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,194 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Not hard to understand is it...

I will question every move this team makes until they prove to me I should do otherwise.

Dudes talking like we are a team who's been in the playoffs most of the decade....

#120 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I admit that I have spent more time in the tinderbox lately and may have missed something.

But do we still have Laffell and Olsen and didn't we sign Hixon this offseason?

And did we cut Adams or Pilares that are developing as slot guys?

We have more than Gettis that we can count on and develop.

Unless we now the cool thing to do is act like Lafell and Olsen just flat suck.

I am honestly laughing that you've made this post.

"Guys! Didn't you see! We still have Pilares!!!!"

This fantasy land you guys concoct for yourselves is just incredible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com