Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How dumb of a pick would have Gettleman made if Star didn't fall into his lap?

111 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherFan52' timestamp='1367094404' post='2213630']
You just went full retard.
[/quote]

Oh really? So justify drafting a 4th string linebacker, a 5th string running back, a 3rd string DT, and ANOTHER developmental OG that was supposed to be a UDFA. Please, I'm waiting.

Too bad we lost out on Harbaugh, their 4th round may be better then our entire draft.

Posted · Report post

Lol Huddle.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SOJA' timestamp='1367094732' post='2213692']
claiming a draft is a failure on day 3 of the draft is about as dumb as saying an MLB team's season is over after season opener
[/quote]
For me its more of the positions he drafted rather than the players I mean do we really need more lbs/rbs when we could def use more talent at wr/db? Not to mention there were high potential guys still on the board that would of had a chance to contribute unlike the lber/rb we took hell even the guard we took is probably going to take some time to develop

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmashNDash' timestamp='1367094829' post='2213704']

Oh really? So justify drafting a 4th string linebacker, a 5th string running back, a 3rd string DT, and ANOTHER developmental OG that was supposed to be a UDFA. Please, I'm waiting.

Too bad we lost out on Harbaugh, their 4th round may be better then our entire draft.
[/quote]

Yep because smashndash with his 271 post on a fan forum knows better than an nfl GM do us a favor ban yourself.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The guard wasn't going UDFA. LMAO he was a 4th or 5th round pick. Stop reading just walterfootball. Kugbila has great potential and could be a good starter in a season or two. = Good pick in the 4th.

Klein is a depth pick, that's going to play ST right away. He can also play all three spots. Has potential to develop into a starter. = great pick in the 5th.

Barner is a Air back or scat back type of guy who has really good feet and agility, decent speed with solid hands. Adds an extra dimension to the offense that wasn't there before. = Good pick in the 6th round.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Lol the Huddle - a place where the unproven are expected to be proven white they are unproven.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmashNDash' timestamp='1367094330' post='2213620']
He's poo'ed the bed since then, this is almost as bad as drafting Clausen/Pike/Edwards in the same draft, almost.
[/quote]

It's a shame the Panthers can't draft a new fanbase, because this one is bad at brains.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

Omg AHAAHHHHAHAAHH because of Lattimore and Patton?

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

What I don't understand is how you can say that someone who has been in the business of scouting and assessing players longer than you have been alive has done a sub-par job with the draft. Oh ya, and you're making this bold statement without ever seeing any of these guys play(youtube videos don't count, bro). So why don't you step off the ledge, and see how these guys develop.

Oh ya, and lets not discount the fact that your original post is purely hypothetical and pointless. Because last time I checked, we were able to land Star.

Posted · Report post

I never knew we had this many bitches in our fanbase.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not as stupid as this thread.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

there are too many homers here. Gettleman did very bad outside Star. not a very encouraging offseason to say the least. Meanwhile the well run franchises continue to dominate the draft.