Photo
* * - - - 10 votes

How dumb of a pick would have Gettleman made if Star didn't fall into his lap?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#109 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

opened this thread expecting chernobyl-scale meltdowns

was not disappointed

#110 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

On the one hand, we have a bunch of folks who are butt-hurt because Gettleman didn't draft the positions they felt were an absolute need for the team.

On the other, we have a bunch of folks who are butt-hurt because the first group is attacking the picks they feel are fine.

Truth of the matter is, neither side really knows how this will truly pan out. As far as the draft, I'm going to trust in the guy who we hope knows what he's doing (much better than an ex-beat writer, thank the lord), and wait and see. Overall, I'm fine with this draft, it has a lot of promising talent that may take a few years to develop. This is exactly how the Giants got their monster DLine. I also expect us to take S and WR high in next year's draft, after building the depth of the trenches and unloading unfriendly contracts. This is a building process, and not a "win now!" philosophy that I agree with. Here's to hoping it all pans out, but to bitch and complain about it one way or the other is a bit premature and silly.

Let's see what unfolds first.

#111 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I don't think any GM would be satisfied with our secondary, but I don't blame him for drafting the best available vs. a half assed DB or WR. This crap about deciding he's an idiot the day after his first draft is idiotic.

He said that sometimes the best player is already on the team instead of drafting them or acquiring them in free agency. Exactly what positions was he talking about? Id say WR and defensive secondary might fit the bill.