Photo
* * - - - 10 votes

How dumb of a pick would have Gettleman made if Star didn't fall into his lap?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#46 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

You mean the clowns that had Allen in the first? Jesse Williams as a late first? Poyer and Rambo rounds 2-3?

Oh those guy? Yeah they're totally legit analysts.

vs the scouting dept who missed on the entire 2011 draft minus the #1 overall pick? The guys who went 2 for 9 in 2010? 1 for 7 in 2009?

Yeah, no offense if I take our talent evals with the tiniest pinch of salt. Of all teams, we don't get to toss rocks at analysts.

#47 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

yup that's what I said alright. you've literally got not argument here. this guy may or may not work out but right now it looks like a really bad pick

#48 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,705 posts

Our 5th and 6th round picks probably saved us about 15-18 million in cap space a year after this year.

#49 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,122 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

vs the scouting dept who missed on the entire 2011 draft minus the #1 overall pick? The guys who went 2 for 9 in 2010? 1 for 7 in 2009?

Yeah, no offense if I take our talent evals with the tiniest pinch of salt. Of all teams, we don't get to toss rocks at analysts.

exactly, this scouting department has CLEARLY been below average in the mid/late rounds of the draft. I'm not going to blindly believe they know what they're doing when every outside source is saying something else

Gettleman has to lean more and more on his scouts as you get deep into the draft and he has ZERO history with them. he doesn't know who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.

he hasn't had the time frame to evaluate or replace any of the scouts yet, hopefully he can upgrade that by this time next year.

#50 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

I agree with the op. I love star.... i was meh on kwann short...but after that i completely say this draft is straight up dog turds. In gettleman we trust my ass. This might be(beyond the first two picks) the worst draft ever.

#51 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Not the one who pulls the trigger though. He's been shown the door. We have no idea what goes on behind close doors and can't really grade this draft until the end of they year.

#52 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I agree with the op. I love star.... i was meh on kwann short...but after that i completely say this draft is straight up dog turds. In gettleman we trust my ass. This might be(beyond the first two picks) the worst draft ever.

You are dog-sh*t retarded.

#53 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Can we just ban him micnificent and aceboogie? The three of them and there bitching because we gave cam a legitimate defense is ridiculous.

Please

#54 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Keep crying

#55 ThatNiggaManny

ThatNiggaManny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Carolina

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

You forgot that the proven are also expected to fall to pieces, be cut, or in dire need of their replacement before leaving.

Meh I guess but Gettleman was just trying to get the BPA at each pick.

#56 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

An OG with huge potential, a LB who won a defensive player of the year award and may start next year and contribute greatly on special teams and a scat back whom Rivera has wanted for some time all in the late rounds equals a horrible draft?

It's hard to understand the level of this stupidity.

#57 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

i love it when the little huddle babbies lose their minds

thank christ you weren't here in 2010

#58 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Oh no how dare we draft players that instantly improve our decade long dogshit special teams and provide flexibility in purging ourselves of our dogshit contracts we doled out to Beason and our RBs.

I take anything the media says about the draft with a grain of salt, but this year they were off by exceptional margins. They weren't close with their assessments on anything outside of the 5 big linemen going early and Dion Jordan.

#59 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Our 5th and 6th round picks probably saved us about 15-18 million in cap space a year after this year.

This. DeAngelo is gone after next year (hell maybe even this year) and Davis and/or Beason won't be around after next year either. Can't count on either of them to start 16 games either so that LB depth is really important. Beason and Williams are both on massive Hurney contracts so expect them to be gone sooner than later.

#60 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

all the cam newton fanboys are pissed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com