Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if you're contemplating committing seppuku over our last two picks go ahead and do it because you're probably a terrible poster, but think about this:

112 posts in this topic

Posted

1. It's funny of you to assume Cam is going to want to continue to stay and play for a team that has done nothing to build around him. Cam is about building a brand and you can't do that if your losing.

2. Fug out of here thinking we are getting rid of Beason.

Posted

Keek is entrenched at MLB, TD is really only suited to play WLB. Strongside linebacker only plays around 60% of the snaps, is the easiest position to fill on defense as well as being the lowest impact position. We're not going to pay Beason the highest MLB in NFL history to play SAM. Hell we cut Anderson because he was paid too much for a SS backer and he was making a fraction of what Beason is. He won't be gone this year because his base salary is guaranteed but I don't expect him to be here next year.

Klein should be solid depth and STs this first year after we lost both Anderson and Phillips and could possibly be a starter in 2014, really quality player for a 5th round pick.

We'll save nearly $18 million over 3 years by cutting DWill, who will be 30-32 years old during that time, and averaged 3.6YPC through week 16 last year. Barner will make less than $2 million over that same period and I really like him as a prospect, I think we'll be even better off with him as our #2 even before you factor in the huge cap savings.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. It's funny of you to assume Cam is going to want to continue to stay and play for a team that has done nothing to build around him. Cam is about building a brand and you can't do that if your losing.

2. Fug out of here thinking we are getting rid of Beason.

Step #1: Purchase a Sharp Sword!

A dull blade can lead to ragged cutting and the expenditure of much "elbow grease" during the ceremony. Therefore, it is important that the sword be razor-sharp.

Step #2: Find a Buddy!

One of the most important parts of seppuku is the kaishaku, or assistant. The kaishaku's task is to slice off your head after you have completed the ceremony, and should therefore be a close friend, family member, or crudely jilted ex-lover.

Step #3: Decide Where to Die!

You only die once, so the location of your seppuku ceremony should be as pleasant as possible. I suggest a sunny field, a well-tended garden, or the pleasantly air-conditioned lobby of an upscale office building.

Step #4: Go for It!

Kneel down in your chosen location and slowly insert the sword into your abdomen. The desired spot is about three inches left or right of your navel, depending on which hand you use. Once the sword is inserted, gently slice it across your stomach, then upward toward your chest. Remove sword when finished.

Step #5: Inspect Your Work!

If done properly, most of your internal organs should have spilled out across your lap. If no internal organs are visible, repeat act until the job has been done correctly. Once finished, your kaishaku should then lop off your head in one clean blow.

Good luck, and happy cutting!

5 people like this

Posted

We're not getting rid of Beason unless he gets injured again. Klein is solid but he ain't on Beason's level.

Posted

I'd rather take the seppukkake route

Posted

So you're telling me AJ fuging Klein is going to replace Jon Beason? Well if so I hope Ron Rivera updates his resume. Cause his ass is gone.

Beason being replaced is more a Beason/Gettlemen thing than Rivera.

Beason to date in his new contract as been an epic clusterfug. We easily could cut Beason after this year if he looks remotely like the guy we saw last year. average NFL careeris short for many reasons.

Posted

We're not getting rid of Beason unless he gets injured again. Klein is solid but he ain't on Beason's level.

If he looks like the guy we saw last year....we have to cut him. His contract will then go down as the worst in Panther history

1 person likes this

Posted

3-4 sets possible for the D. We have the personel

Posted

If he looks like the guy we saw last year....we have to cut him. His contract will then go down as the worst in Panther history

Very possible, but he'll be rusty after spending nearly two seasons on the IR. Beason, when healthy though, is a top-tier LB. I'm hoping he returns to form.

Posted

Klein doesn' t make Beason expendable, but Blackburn kinda does. And if the contract situation was different this conversation might not be taking place.

Posted

Klein doesn' t make Beason expendable, but Blackburn kinda does. And if the contract situation was different this conversation might not be taking place.

I think Beason will eventually take a paycut.

Posted

Carolina fixed a major problem in the DLine and then with the rest of these draft gave the team something its never had before, Depth and Options. Years past, we saw how much an injury to Beason, Davis, Stewart, etc has handicapped this team. This resolves that. I'm happy.

3 people like this