Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

This draft was a idictiment on Chud and his Playcalling.

I think you're committing a logical flaw here. The fact that Carolina didn't take a receiver does not mean that the front office feels satisfied with the skill players on the roster. Didn't Gettleman say that once the eleventh pick was made, they knew they weren't trading down, because they knew that one of Star, Xavier Rhodes, or Tyler Eifert would be there? New flash: Eifert is a receiving weapon. Kenjon Barner is a receiving weapon as well, and Gettleman signed Hixon, too. They interviewed and were prepared to pick skill players, and have sought them out in free agency. That doesn't really line up with your satisfaction with the guys on the roster.

Eifert is a TE Jungle and #2 TE is a need since Barniage and Shockey are gone. Trying to be smart when you know that I was talking about the WR's Position. But keep on thinking you discovered a counter argument.

Sorry....but those who want their franchise QB to lead their team in carries and rushing yards are fuging morons.

It is as simple as that.

Not one poster to my knowledge has ever claimed such a thing...

A super crowded backfield simply limits what one RB can do....

Cam having anywhere between 400-700 yards is just a standard number while young. Maybe if the OL didn't blow and Williams didnt routinely go for minimal gain repeatedly....we would have ran RBs more.

Eifert is a TE Jungle and #2 TE is a need since Barniage and Shockey are gone. Trying to be smart when you know that I was talking about the WR's Position. But keep on thinking you discovered a counter argument.

So in your initial post you say...

Only one offensive skill position player drafted a scat back. So IMO this draft was not about a lacking of offensive weapons. But a lacking in the use of the weapons already on the roster.

But now it's strictly about the receiver position, not about a general lack of weapons.

Hey, here's a question: If the Panthers were set at receiver in the way that you claim, would the front office be looking for a third-down running back and a tight end?

Anyway, you've ignored my point. Even if you are talking strictly about receivers, the fact that the Panthers didn't draft one does not mean that they're happy with what they've got. It's like saying that a starving man must be happy with what he's got because he doesn't eat. There's another explanation. There weren't any receivers worth the pick.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GreenvillePanther

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts