Photo
- - - - -

Draft Philosophy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#16 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

I would have prefered best o lineman for our second pick. Cam got beat to poo last year. but what the hell do I know.

I completely agree. But at the same time our opponents are going to be feeling even more heat than Cam lol.

Gettleman did patch together a really strong oline for the Giants out of vets playing for peanuts. We aren't done in FA - somebody that can contribute will come to this team.

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

I completely agree. But at the same time our opponents are going to be feeling even more heat than Cam lol.

Gettleman did patch together a really strong oline for the Giants out of vets playing for peanuts. We aren't done in FA - somebody that can contribute will come to this team.

Ill post this quote from Gettleman again:

@Panthers: Gettleman: "Our next goal is to have a 90-man roster where every guy deserves to be in a training camp. We may not get to that until July."

#18 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ill post this quote from Gettleman again:

@Panthers: Gettleman: "Our next goal is to have a 90-man roster where every guy deserves to be in a training camp. We may not get to that until July."

Good. I'm a firm believer that competition brings out the best in humans. Sick of the guys on our team who coast through the motions for a paycheck.

I'd be ok with it if they could consistently get the bullshit calls old man tony G gets, but they dont.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

So your basically asking who knows football and who does not.

I wouldn't frame it that way.

People have different ideas about team building, and certainly there's more than one way to bring together a successful squad.

But what I would say is that people like me who believe in building from the lines out, there's more reason to be optimistic right now.

#20 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

What about big men and guys that can score touchdowns was hard to understand?

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

My philosophy is Defense win Championships.

#22 Estrada

Estrada

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

If you're one of those people who believes games are won and lost in the tranches and you build the foundations (OL / DL ) to win, then you should be pretty happy.

If you're a skill position guy, then not so much.

I do, and I am happy

I am very happy with all of our picks, and that we got two DTs with our first two. I honestly like everything the front office and our staff has done: FA, the draft, the undrafted signings, and the plan for training camp. Considering our cap limitations and having only five picks, Mr. Gettleman and our brass have done very well.

#23 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Case for DL
-The quicker the DL gets to the QB, the less time the DBs have to cover receivers.

Case for OL
-The more time the QB has in the pocket, the longer the WRs have to get open.