Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2013 NFL Draft: Carolina WR Smokescreen

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Hopefully the 2014 draft will have more #1 WR talent that we can benefit from. How many more seasons does the greatest Panther of all time have left? Regardless, I believe we really need that future #1 WR next year.

Posted

They worked out WR but found better value in the FA market. When Ginn was signed I thought we still might go WR. But when Hixon was signed after the workouts I knew we might not draft one.

Posted

They worked out WR but found better value in the FA market. When Ginn was signed I thought we still might go WR. But when Hixon was signed after the workouts I knew we might not draft one.

We literally picked BPA from the list they made. I think it was just a coincidence we didn't take a WR.

I said all along we would pick BPA regardless of position (well maybe QB aside). But good call KKL on the 2 DT picks. Really excited about these guys and our future.

Posted

BPA I say

Posted

These receivers were either too small, too slow, or injury proned.

Posted

Or they could like the WR they have and want to see them perform in a better scheme.

1 person likes this

Posted

These receivers were either too small, too slow, or injury proned.

Or had troubled history

Posted

Two things:

1) I believe we would've taken Tavon Austin of any other player had he been there when we picked.

2) I believe we were trying to trade back before we realized that Star was going to be there at 14.

Posted

Gettleman strengthened our biggest hole which was DT.

If he drafted a WR, does he:

a) Draft a WR to replace Steve Smith?

b ) Draft a WR to be a #3-#4?

a) couldn't be accomplished with this draft and why would you draft another player #3-#4 receiver on a team with so many already?

The most important thing about this draft is that it gives us a reason to go with a premier WR in the first round in 2014.

Posted

At least he is physically fit... like.... the Penguin.

Posted

Two things:

1) I believe we would've taken Tavon Austin of any other player had he been there when we picked.

2) I believe we were trying to trade back before we realized that Star was going to be there at 14.

Maybe yes to #1

No to #2. There were 3 players we wanted when Tennessee picked. Gettleman said as much, after that Gettleman told people handling the phones to tell them they were not interested. I don't think we had any desire to trade back at all.

Posted

This draft wuz a trench draft, it is gonna make next years draft that much more exciting because i could see a run on skill positions.. CB, S, WR. We are gonna load up if nobody shows anything this year.

1 person likes this