Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2013 NFL Draft: Carolina WR Smokescreen

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hopefully the 2014 draft will have more #1 WR talent that we can benefit from. How many more seasons does the greatest Panther of all time have left? Regardless, I believe we really need that future #1 WR next year.

Posted · Report post

They worked out WR but found better value in the FA market. When Ginn was signed I thought we still might go WR. But when Hixon was signed after the workouts I knew we might not draft one.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1367119825' post='2215069']
They worked out WR but found better value in the FA market. When Ginn was signed I thought we still might go WR. But when Hixon was signed after the workouts I knew we might not draft one.
[/quote]

We literally picked BPA from the list they made. I think it was just a coincidence we didn't take a WR.

I said all along we would pick BPA regardless of position (well maybe QB aside). But good call KKL on the 2 DT picks. Really excited about these guys and our future.

Posted · Report post

BPA I say

Posted · Report post

These receivers were either too small, too slow, or injury proned.

Posted · Report post

Or they could like the WR they have and want to see them perform in a better scheme.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1367120154' post='2215079']
These receivers were either too small, too slow, or injury proned.
[/quote]
Or had troubled history

Posted · Report post

Two things:

1) I believe we would've taken Tavon Austin of any other player had he been there when we picked.

2) I believe we were trying to trade back before we realized that Star was going to be there at 14.

Posted · Report post

Gettleman strengthened our biggest hole which was DT.

If he drafted a WR, does he:

a) Draft a WR to replace Steve Smith?
b ) Draft a WR to be a #3-#4?

a) couldn't be accomplished with this draft and why would you draft another player #3-#4 receiver on a team with so many already?

The most important thing about this draft is that it gives us a reason to go with a premier WR in the first round in 2014.

Posted · Report post

At least he is physically fit... like.... the Penguin.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ruff' timestamp='1367122081' post='2215125']
Two things:

1) I believe we would've taken Tavon Austin of any other player had he been there when we picked.

2) I believe we were trying to trade back before we realized that Star was going to be there at 14.
[/quote]

Maybe yes to #1

No to #2. There were 3 players we wanted when Tennessee picked. Gettleman said as much, after that Gettleman told people handling the phones to tell them they were not interested. I don't think we had any desire to trade back at all.

Posted · Report post

This draft wuz a trench draft, it is gonna make next years draft that much more exciting because i could see a run on skill positions.. CB, S, WR. We are gonna load up if nobody shows anything this year.
1 person likes this