Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

That is all. Hope the guys prove me wrong

#2 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

It wasnt bad at the end of the season. It was only terrible when Naka was starting.

With our front 7 you could put my sister out there and we would be fine

#3 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

On PAPER it doesn't look great but that's why we play the game. I'm a huge fan of Thomas and Campbell. I'm optimistic. No reason to get down and read into the future without seeing what we really have. In the games that Thomas/Campbell played and started, we played great. Who knows. Let the kids play.

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

That's awesome news! Five of the six worst secondaries of all time went to the playoffs, and one went to the Super Bowl! The two worst ever were the 2011 Packers and Patriots!

Seriously, people, get a grip.

#5 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

It isnt like they played bad last year or didnt play at all.

They played and played average - good.

No need to be worried until given a reason to.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,704 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

I don't think any aspect of our defense will ever be historically bad with Ron Rivera as coach.

#7 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

The man knows defense. Thats for sure.

#8 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

It won't be as bad as the Saints' was last year if for no other reason than because we have such a dominant front 7 and their front 7 was about as bad as their back 4.

#9 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,275 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

Rivera made a Chargers team with far less talent on the defensive side of the ball amongst the league's best. Gettleman is a straight shooter and believes the answers to our secondary woes are already on the roster. The way he has talked up Norman makes me cautiously optimistic about him. Godfrey might show significant improvement at his new position. Florence and DJ Moore force turnovers and I believe that is going to be an emphasis for this unit once again.

They were serviceable with a poor DT core last season. Now we have two monsters in the middle with two double-digit sack artists on the outside and The Kraken is in a contract year. The linebackers have the potential to be among the leads best if healthy and I am confident they will be even if Beason isn't quite at the level we are used to prior to his injury. Luke will lead this entire unit and I am confident this front seven can lead us to the promise land while a physical secondary should be good in run support and force plenty of turnovers thanks to the constant pressure up front.

#10 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Not saying we have the same pieces.. but Seattle took Sherman in the fifth round, Chansellor in the fifth round, Browner was UDFA and played in CFL and they have the best secondary in the NFL. I've got a weird gut feeling that Norman is going to be REALLY good and Thomas is going to be more than solid. Call it delusional.. but I like what we have.

#11 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Teams wont have 5 seconds to throw the ball next year. With our current CB crop they will get the job done. But with that said we are not done with improving the roster yet. Alot of veteran FA still out there.

#12 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

We basically have last year's secondary + D.J. Moore and Drayton Florence at CB and Mike Mitchell (and potentially Robert Lester) at S. We finished in the top-10 in total defense with that group. No reason to think we can't improve on that with the upgrades to the DL.

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

How are we going to be historically bad? We were middle of the pack last year and we improved our defense across the board. The only players we may miss are James Anderson and Jason Phillips. Gamble didn't really play last year so you can't act like he is a big loss. We brought in a veteran in Drayton Florence. A decent young guy in DJ Moore. We retained all of the guys that played for us with the exception of Sherrod Martin. We might be the same but we won't be the worst ever.

#14 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

I thought DJ Cambell played well in the last 5 games. I wouldn't count him out.

#15 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

Eagles had an Allstar secondary at one point! We saw how that worked out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com