#16 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I kept waiting to see QB competition listed and it never came. I am disappoint...

Pickles gonna make his mark this year.

#17 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Good posting! I agree, this team has gotten a lot better this offseason. Camp's gonna be very interesting, that's for sure.

I agree that the team will (or should) sign a FA guard before everything's said and done. I don't think it'll be Moore though, he'll be asking for a Levitre-esque contract.

I was wrong. Moore can probably be signed with a cheap 1 year contract, for a bit over a million.

#18 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,127 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

I was wrong. Moore can probably be signed with a cheap 1 year contract, for a bit over a million.

Yup he is older and the market is drying up on a lot of these guys. I really think we can upgrade some key positions with 1 year deals via free agency for cheap.

#19 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sad how one of the better posts of the past several weeks hardly gets a glance, but the multitude of pointless and attention ***** posts get dozens of replies.

#20 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

Great post!

I like G-Man and plus he has no favorites, with the exception of the guys coming out of this draft.

#21 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Great post OP

#22 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Good post. I do feel that the bottom half of the roster has drastically improved. I feel like Gettles has put us in position to have fresh talent in our various sub packages which will allow us to compete better in the fourth quarter of games and late in the season. I think they know it would be unwise for them to try to completely fill out the roster via the one year deal before the draft. Now we know where we're stronger, and what positions we need to invest in now that the draft has taken shape. . .

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

this.

We just drafted a young G that needs some time to develop. Bring in a vet for a 1 (maybe 2yr) contract and let the young fella learn adn season behind him.

Hangartner was supposed to fill that role when we brought him back, but he is just not getting it done.

#24 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Joe Adams is a lock for a roster spot, 5 locks not 4. . . . and that last spot belongs to #12. He's gonna show you why in TC.

#25 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Joe Adams is a lock for a roster spot, 5 locks not 4. . . . and that last spot belongs to #12. He's gonna show you why in TC.

Adams does have  shot. It is up to him to prove he is the player we want him to be. IMO,  If he wants to be a Panther, he has to show out and kill Barner, and everyone else.. He had better be BPA throughout the offseason, right up to last cuts. Because if he can't be trusted to return punts, he has no value.

All Adams has to do is beat out Ginn and Barner to win a job.

Same with Gettis. He had better show up if he wants a second chance. If he ain't pushin for playing time, he has no value.

In my short time with Gettlemen, I don't see him as the type to hang on to those no value guys too long.

#26 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

This is why I'm not that worried about safety spots. Mike Mitchell is a guy with physical talent that never quite peaked. Campbell and Naka are hard working guys and they are going to bring their best into TC. Sherrod Martin may have a say as well. Lester looks like a guy to take seriously as well. We will end up with a safety with a chip on his shoulder and ready to ball. We may not end up with a pro bowler but I'm totally expecting a decent safety coming out of that group that won't be a liability. Competition brings out the best in people. Same goes with CB.

Would like to see if Nelson Rosario is in the mix as well at TE.

I hope you are right about better safety play because our green coaching isn't capable of developing a game plan to mitigate this weakness.

#27 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

Adams is in his second year. I dont think he would stay on the practice squad long if they tried to stash him. Pilares got a free ride last year, Armanti has gotten multiple. It would be very aggressive to cut him when he's just coming off his rookie year. I agree he has to show something though so its not really a lock. I'll still consider it very probable, it might as well be.

#28 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Adams is in his second year. I dont think he would stay on the practice squad long if they tried to stash him. Pilares got a free ride last year, Armanti has gotten multiple. It would be very aggressive to cut him when he's just coming off his rookie year. I agree he has to show something though so its not really a lock. I'll still consider it very probable, it might as well be.

Part of me would love to see Adams make the team. Because it would mean he has cleaned up his act and can be a productive member of the this team.

But, in all honesty, I can't see both Adams and Barner making the team. Which ever one shows out the best would probably have the leg up. Neither one was much of a reach, so letting one or the other go is not going to cost much.

Which ever one wins the battle should make us better. That is all that really matter in the long run.

#29 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yeah but what logic block are you having that is preventing you from thinking they wont both make the team. Cause theyre both returners? That rational is a little thin I think, Hubs.

#30 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Yeah but what logic block are you having that is preventing you from thinking they wont both make the team. Cause theyre both returners? That rational is a little thin I think, Hubs.

Well, let's see if I can clear my convoluted logic up for you.

Adams is a WR/Returner. If he doesn't make it as a Returner, he has very little shot of making the team as a WR.

Barner is a RB/Returner. If he doesn't make It as a Returner, he has a shot at making the team as a RB.

So, unless Adams has fixed his butterfingers, and can actually prove he can handle return duties. He is a long shot to make the team.

Whereas, Barner could make the team as a RB, and if he can handle the return duties, he is pretty much a lock to make the team.

The only way they both make the team is if they both show the ability to be a factor in the return game. And if they are both factors, we should probably keep the one that can help in other ways. Barner has a chance to see the field as a Scat Back type RB. Where Adams has little chance of making the team as a WR.

tl/dr version. The only way they both make the team is if Adams makes it as the Return Guy.

Hope that helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.