Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Five NFL Draft Picks!

88 posts in this topic

Posted

UNC still lost to a crappy Wake Forest team in 2012

I was at this game. The game was supposed to kick off around 1 or 2, but there was a severe thunderstorm that came through right before kick off. It resulted in a 20 degree drop in temp and a tornado warning that delayed the game for almost 2 hours. Gio also didn't play. It had an eerie feeling in the stadium and I do believe the team wasn't prepared. It's one of the games that made me question Fedora's coaching ability.

Posted

The top 4 SEC teams had more players taken this year than the entire ACC, so no.

The SEC is the best conference in the country. Nobody is debating that. However, the ACC is an underrated football conference and it does recruit future NFL players.

I understand that unethical, illegal recruiting happens every where. I do think that the SEC is slightly protected though due to the amount of money it brings in. Did you happen to see the recruiting class from Ole Miss this year?

Posted

Yes, we're all aware of why you couldn't play in the post season.

Meanwhile, just another day in the life:

1E43E88A-F441-4A45-B958-3AF4B719B510-5023-000008CB74B628FB_zps7f311a0d.jpg

Since 2008, look at the draft history between UNC and FSU. Which team do you think has had more success?

One of the biggest busts in Panther history is a former FSU DE.

Also - I think EJ Manuel will not be a successful NFL QB. Just my .02

Posted

So to recap this thread. Carolina has talent and can get great athletes to sign with them. But they can't win an ACC championship even when they cheat. They are still not a football school but are excellent in basketball and other sports.

FSU has the same great talent and can win the big one. They are a football school and are coming on in basketball and other sports.

And my daughter graduated from UNC with her undergraduate so I am not a hater just realistic.

Posted

Since 2008, look at the draft history between UNC and FSU. Which team do you think has had more success?

In fairness how many UNC quarterbacks have played in the NFL in the last 100 years.

Scott Stankavage- played 4 games and threw 25 passes decades ago.

Matt Baker-Dallas Practice squad

TJ Yates- so far started 5 games in 2011 and threw 134 attempts.

How good does EJ Manuel have to be to pass all three. For that matter ECU has much better success putting quarterbacks in the NFL compared to UNC.

Just sayin..............................................

Posted

In fairness how many UNC quarterbacks have played in the NFL in the last 100 years.

Scott Stankavage- played 4 games and threw 25 passes decades ago.

Matt Baker-Dallas Practice squad

TJ Yates- so far started 5 games in 2011 and threw 134 attempts.

How good does EJ Manuel have to be to pass all three. For that matter ECU has much better success putting quarterbacks in the NFL compared to UNC.

Just sayin..............................................

UNC hasn't had the best of luck sending successful QBs to the NFL. Neither has a lot of college programs.

One of the best quarterbacks at Carolina in recent memory couldn't make it on to a NFL PS.

UNC isn't an elite college FB program, but it is still successful enough to attract good coaches, players, and has some of the best facilities in the NCAA. It is, without question, the best college FB program in the state.

Posted

So to recap this thread. Carolina has talent and can get great athletes to sign with them. But they can't win an ACC championship even when they cheat. They are still not a football school but are excellent in basketball and other sports.

FSU has the same great talent and can win the big one. They are a football school and are coming on in basketball and other sports.

And my daughter graduated from UNC with her undergraduate so I am not a hater just realistic.

Can you elaborate on the "cheating" part of your statement?

Wasn't last season the year that FSU was supposed to win the "big one"?

Posted

Talk to me when you're even the best talent producer in the State. Or when you win an ACC championship. Or when you have the number of guys in the NFL as the Noles. Or when you produce an NFL starting caliber QB. Or when you go to a major bowl game. Or when you can legally field a team that can hang with FSU for 4 quarters.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Kiss the rings...

greg-jones-stiff-arm-o.gif

Posted

Duke had one player drafted. Booyah

Posted

Talk to me when you're even the best talent producer in the State. Or when you win an ACC championship. Or when you have the number of guys in the NFL as the Noles. Or when you produce an NFL starting caliber QB. Or when you go to a major bowl game. Or when you can legally field a team that can hang with FSU for 4 quarters.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Kiss the rings...

greg-jones-stiff-arm-o.gif

Like I said, go back and look at the past drafts from 2008 until now and compare the UNC players selected to the FSU players.

The ACC is going to be wide open this year and Carolina is a legit contender.

Also, Congrats on beating up the powerhouse known as Northern Iowa in the Orange Bowl last year. Lucky you didn't have to play an SEC team or Ohio State.

Posted

Duke had one player drafted. Booyah

is that a school record?

How are your game cocks or fighting irish looking so far in spring ball?

Posted

UNC hasn't had the best of luck sending successful QBs to the NFL. Neither has a lot of college programs.

One of the best quarterbacks at Carolina in recent memory couldn't make it on to a NFL PS.

UNC isn't an elite college FB program, but it is still successful enough to attract good coaches, players, and has some of the best facilities in the NCAA. It is, without question, the best college FB program in the state.

As far as the money spent you might be right. As far as results obtained, that is a real question mark.