Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

who cares

#17 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

The ACC actually rivals the SEC in terms of NFL talent, but the teams themselves are just so crappy. I don't get it, to be honest. Terrible coaching? Big dropoff after the top players?

#18 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

who cares

I do. Obviously you do, too.

#19 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I wonder how many accepted illegal benefits

#20 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

this is why other fans hate UNC fans (coming from a student at chapel hill)

#21 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

The ACC actually rivals the SEC in terms of NFL talent, but the teams themselves are just so crappy. I don't get it, to be honest. Terrible coaching? Big dropoff after the top players?

I agree with this and you have asked an interesting question.

There are many quality ACC players on NFL rosters. I believe the SEC has the most NFL players but I think the ACC was #1 until a year or two ago.

I think the quality of coaching is greatly superior in the SEC to every conference. Beamer is the cream of the ACC crop. Dabo and Fischer are obviously great recruiters but I question their ability to win big games.

I think one thing that separates the SEC from the ACC is the amount of quality players the schools receive (or pay for lol). Look at Alabama for an example. I understand Alabama football is the top program in the country, but they just lost a lot of important players and I've read that a lot of folks think the team they'll field this season is better than the championship team last year.

It's true that the ACC does land NFL caliber players (look at the amount of UNC players drafted since 2008) but the overall depth of SEC rosters is what makes the conference elite.

#22 Mean Eyed Cat

Mean Eyed Cat

The Fan In Black

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

UNC still lost to a crappy Wake Forest team in 2012

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

The top 4 SEC teams had more players taken this year than the entire ACC, so no.

#24 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

this is why other fans hate UNC fans (coming from a student at chapel hill)

UNC does have some bad fans. I've admitted this and I know a couple. I know someone who wants Roy Williams fired ASAP. There are some Carolina fans that are so ignorant that if the basketball team doesn't win the NCAA title every year by an average of 25 points the season is a failure and Roy should be fired. Sad. Embarrassing.

UNC does have many, many haters though. A lot of my friends from ECU pull for Duke during basketball season.

I don't let it get to me and if anything it should be taken as a very sincere compliment. A lot of the Duke fans in the NCAA forum here are more concerened about what UNC is or isn't doing than their own team. During the tournament, UNC was at home and Duke was still playing. You wouldn't be able to tell from the conversations going on in the NCAA forum here.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

UNC still lost to a crappy Wake Forest team in 2012

I was at this game. The game was supposed to kick off around 1 or 2, but there was a severe thunderstorm that came through right before kick off. It resulted in a 20 degree drop in temp and a tornado warning that delayed the game for almost 2 hours. Gio also didn't play. It had an eerie feeling in the stadium and I do believe the team wasn't prepared. It's one of the games that made me question Fedora's coaching ability.

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

The top 4 SEC teams had more players taken this year than the entire ACC, so no.

The SEC is the best conference in the country. Nobody is debating that. However, the ACC is an underrated football conference and it does recruit future NFL players.

I understand that unethical, illegal recruiting happens every where. I do think that the SEC is slightly protected though due to the amount of money it brings in. Did you happen to see the recruiting class from Ole Miss this year?

#27 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yes, we're all aware of why you couldn't play in the post season.

Meanwhile, just another day in the life:

Posted Image

Since 2008, look at the draft history between UNC and FSU. Which team do you think has had more success?

One of the biggest busts in Panther history is a former FSU DE.

Also - I think EJ Manuel will not be a successful NFL QB. Just my .02

#28 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

So to recap this thread. Carolina has talent and can get great athletes to sign with them. But they can't win an ACC championship even when they cheat. They are still not a football school but are excellent in basketball and other sports.

FSU has the same great talent and can win the big one. They are a football school and are coming on in basketball and other sports.

And my daughter graduated from UNC with her undergraduate so I am not a hater just realistic.

#29 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Since 2008, look at the draft history between UNC and FSU. Which team do you think has had more success?

One of the biggest busts in Panther history is a former FSU DE.

Also - I think EJ Manuel will not be a successful NFL QB. Just my .02

In fairness how many UNC quarterbacks have played in the NFL in the last 100 years.

Scott Stankavage- played 4 games and threw 25 passes decades ago.
Matt Baker-Dallas Practice squad
TJ Yates- so far started 5 games in 2011 and threw 134 attempts.

How good does EJ Manuel have to be to pass all three. For that matter ECU has much better success putting quarterbacks in the NFL compared to UNC.

Just sayin..............................................

#30 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

In fairness how many UNC quarterbacks have played in the NFL in the last 100 years.

Scott Stankavage- played 4 games and threw 25 passes decades ago.
Matt Baker-Dallas Practice squad
TJ Yates- so far started 5 games in 2011 and threw 134 attempts.

How good does EJ Manuel have to be to pass all three. For that matter ECU has much better success putting quarterbacks in the NFL compared to UNC.

Just sayin..............................................

UNC hasn't had the best of luck sending successful QBs to the NFL. Neither has a lot of college programs.

One of the best quarterbacks at Carolina in recent memory couldn't make it on to a NFL PS.

UNC isn't an elite college FB program, but it is still successful enough to attract good coaches, players, and has some of the best facilities in the NCAA. It is, without question, the best college FB program in the state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.