Fug the Tar Heels

#62 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Including two first rounders and the first running back selected.

HOW 'BOUT THEM TARHEELS

UNC is the top football program in the state. With the selections of Williams and Cooper, this gives UNC the most first rounders drafted from any ACC school since 2008. We already are the #1 basketball program in the state and a serious contender for top program in the country. Oh yeah, the men's LAX team is playing in the championship game AND the baseball team is #1 in the USA.

If a list were to be made ranking the schools according to basketball and football, UNC would be in the top 10 and maybe top 5 NATIONALLY. If a list were to be made ranking all the men's teams, UNC would be #1 NATIONALLY.

Here's a little info for the HATERS:

Here's a quote from the N&O regarding the tremendous journey from FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK Sly Williams. His life story could be made into a movie.

I'm also sure you've read the rave reviews #7 OVERALL Jonathan Cooper has been getting from all the draft gurus like Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock, and Jon Gruden. He is a superstar and will probably be the best G in the NFL in a year or two.

Not bad for a "basketball school"

HOW SWEET IT IS

Posted Image

Shut the hell up, every one of their highlights had they're players mauling ECU.

#63 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

SEC lite...very lite...very very lite...very very very lite... :lol:

#64 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

What is this doing here? Can a mod move this to the nascar forum please..

#65 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

He's Ryan Kerrigan part II

You might find this interesting: https://blogs.emory....fl-draft-picks/

It's an independent study that equates the number of elite VHT (4*/5*) football players from the top 60 programs to NFL draft picks. The past 6 drafts are the sample size. 

The key result is the significant negative relationship between the number of four-star prospects and the draft conversion rate of high ranked prospect. It is also worth noting that while we focused on the ratio of draft picks to elite recruits we also conducted a number of other analyses that focused on alternative measures of draft success such as the number of Day 1 or First round picks per elite recruit.  Our key finding was replicated across the various models.

UNC is in the top 15 (#11 overall) and FSU is in the bottom 15. 

Like I said dude, look at the past 5-6 drafts. Compare the selections from the two schools. The first two rounds have been littered with FSU flops. And just because you have a high rate of sending players to the NFL, it does not equate to the player being successful or even worthy of a roster spot. One of the biggest busts in Panther history happens to be an undersized DE from FSU. If Brown is out of the league by now it would not surprise me. 

#66 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Also - you guys crying about the Tar Heels and HOW SWEET IT IS need to grow up. Theres like 17 threads in the NCAA sub for you to cry and insult Carolina fans if you feel the need to do so. 

Erik Highsmith (WR) and Casey Barth (K) signed UDFA contracts. Barth to the Cards, not sure where Erik went. 

#67 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

You might find this interesting: https://blogs.emory....fl-draft-picks/

It's an independent study that equates the number of elite VHT (4*/5*) football players from the top 60 programs to NFL draft picks. The past 6 drafts are the sample size. 

UNC is in the top 15 (#11 overall) and FSU is in the bottom 15. 

Like I said dude, look at the past 5-6 drafts. Compare the selections from the two schools. The first two rounds have been littered with FSU flops. And just because you have a high rate of sending players to the NFL, it does not equate to the player being successful or even worthy of a roster spot. 

And still couldnt win the ACC Championship!  Dont know why you think it good having players drafted so high from your college team?   I would rather have the conference championship and bowl wins or both.  Having high draft picks and your team sucks just shows you how bad UNC is. 

#68 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

What is this acc thing

Is it like a condiment or..??

#69 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

And still couldnt win the ACC Championship!  Dont know why you think it good having players drafted so high from your college team?   I would rather have the conference championship and bowl wins or both.  Having high draft picks and your team sucks just shows you how bad UNC is. 

UNC football does not suck. This is proof you don't watch the games or the ACC. Aren't you the same jaded WVU fan who walked home with his tail between his legs after Mr. Swofford told WVU to go fug itself? You're that same dude who had a thread last year saying how the ACC was about to crumble away. Did you happen to see the Grant of Rights that the ACC signed a few days ago? The ACC is going nowhere my friend and it's safe to say that the ACC could be the premiere conference in America. 

Also, speaking of the talent that you mentioned, several of the high DPs that UNC has produced over the past several drafts had to sit out a year before they were drafted. See: Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Greg Little, etc. Having those guys sure would have helped. What didn't help was the disgraceful way Butch Davis was running the program or the NCAA basically living in the athletic offices for 2 seasons. 

UNC football players from last year's team just received 2012 coastal division championship rings two days ago. I tried posting the picture but it wouldn't let me. 

UNC is a prime contender for a BCS game this year. Hopefully we will get lucky like FSU did last season and have to play some scrub team like Kent State or Central Michigan in the Orange Bowl. 

EDIT: Just for clarification purposes, UNC would have played in the ACC Championship game against FSU last season. 

#70 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Shut the hell up, every one of their highlights had they're players mauling ECU.

I must have missed those. One thing I will not miss this year, however, is the Mr.Touchdown Bowl in Chapel Hill September 28. 

ECU vs UNC baby! I can't lose! Pulling for UNC though against my alma mater 

#71 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Is UNC still getting talent now that players have to learn the three Rs?

#72 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm sorry I just reliased UNC is always 4-4 in conference play for most of the past 10 years. You have no clue what a winning College football program looks like. 

Coastal division rings. lol  Yeah thats something to be proud of.

Good for the ACC on teh grant of rights deal I even said so in the College Football Forums.  To bad the ACC doesnt care about football enough to bring in real competition, Oh well WVU will just have to play better compition in the BigXII and make more money doing it. 

You still dont get it with all that "talent" why does UNC suck so much then?

#73 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm sorry I just reliased UNC is always 4-4 in conference play for most of the past 10 years. You have no clue what a winning College football program looks like. 

Coastal division rings. lol  Yeah thats something to be proud of.

Good for the ACC on teh grant of rights deal I even said so in the College Football Forums.  To bad the ACC doesnt care about football enough to bring in real competition, Oh well WVU will just have to play better compition in the BigXII and make more money doing it. 

You still dont get it with all that "talent" why does UNC suck so much then?[/quote]

ACC is and always will be a basketball conference. UNC is and always will be a basketball school. 

Look back the drafts since 2008. Who has had more DPs UNC or WVU? what about successful players in the NFL, UNC or WVU?

I think I saw Steve Slaton washing someone's car yesterday. 

#74 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I swear UNC has more fans that never went to the school than Dook has...

people who went to the school are called alum.

#75 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

people who went to the school are called alum.

You never hear the haters take shots at players/coaches/school, etc. It's always a personal attack by jealous state/duke fans towards the UNC faithful. The haters never want to talk competition, X's & O's, schedules, etc. They'd rather insult you.

We truly are a class above the rest. 

I'm convinced of two things:

1. State fans are happy with an awful losing season as long as the beat Carolina. 

2. Duke fans are more concerned with what Carolina is doing (i.e. who we are recruiting, who we are playing, etc) than what Duke is doing. Just look at the March Madness thread. UNC was sent home, duke was still playing. You wouldn't be able to tell by the 4-5 pages of insults and Carolina jock sniffing by the duke fans. 

Pathetic. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com