#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

No common sense morons in Congress

I hate waste. Here is a truck load more. Politicians suck.

http://www.foxnews.c...ngress-insists/

#2 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Keeping the Abrams production line rolling protects businesses and good paying jobs in congressional districts where the tank's many suppliers are located.

This is why government spending will never be decreased in any meaningful way. Millions of jobs tied to military spending.

Millions tied to taxes and tax law.

Millions tied to providing support for government services.

There isn't enough demand in the private sector to pick up the slack because technology has made business much more efficient than it was in the past, meaning less demand for workers.

Cutting spending is a surefire way to increase unemployment and decrease your chances of re-election.

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

The entrenchment of politicians is more and more disconcerting.

I also do not like the way our country puts political families on pedestals. Bushes, Kennedys. Should not be. There should be no such thing as a political family in my opinion.

#4 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,331 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

This is why government spending will never be decreased in any meaningful way. Millions of jobs tied to military spending.

Millions tied to taxes and tax law.

Millions tied to providing support for government services.

There isn't enough demand in the private sector to pick up the slack because technology has made business much more efficient than it was in the past, meaning less demand for workers.

Cutting spending is a surefire way to increase unemployment and decrease your chances of re-election.

Hit the nail on the head. That is why it is so easy to campaign on this type of spending but nothing ever gets done no matter who controls government

#5 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,331 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

The entrenchment of politicians is more and more disconcerting.

I also do not like the way our country puts political families on pedestals. Bushes, Kennedys. Should not be. There should be no such thing as a political family in my opinion.

That is a good point but the voters usually are the ones who create such dynasties

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,162 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Straight ticket helps maintain dynasties and a false sense of security.

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,392 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

As long as we have the capability of ramping up production IF the need ever arose, I'm fine with cutting it. But this is Chuck Hagel we're talking about.

About as bad as Clinton's SecDef.

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Course, the infamous "red line" has been crossed in Syria.....

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,392 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Course, the infamous "red line" has been crossed in Syria.....

Obama will back up a step and just draw another line in the sand. Kinda like the UN.

#10 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

As long as we have the capability of ramping up production IF the need ever arose, I'm fine with cutting it. But this is Chuck Hagel we're talking about.

About as bad as Clinton's SecDef.

We built an entire war time manufacturing industry in a very short period of time during WWII. If the need ever truly arises, we could do the same again.

#11 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Straight ticket helps maintain dynasties and a false sense of security.

I feel like dynasties get a big boost from name recognition, which if anything would be worse without straight ticket because those people that would vote straight ticket will be forced to look at the names

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Question: Couldn't we easily keep those jobs going but just switch them to making something we do need like solar panels?

#13 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,066 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Question: Couldn't we easily keep those jobs going but just switch them to making something we do need like nuclear facilities?

FIFY

#14 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Question: Couldn't we easily keep those jobs going but just switch them to making something we do need like solar panels?

Could, but then you'd just have people bitching about more subsidies to a liberal pet project.

Excessive military spending is, of course, not subsidizing any industries and creating false demand. If the liberals would just shut up we'd have a tank in every drive way and a drone in every garage.

#15 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

If only we let the military spend the money as they see fit...

http://www.businessw...ually-Renewable

U.S. Military to Invest $10 Billion Annually in Renewable Energy by 2030, According to Pike Research

BOULDER, Colo --In September the U.S. Army announced that it has formed a new Energy Initiatives Task Force that will assess renewable energy projects, vet potential suppliers, and develop new technologies to support the Army’s growing commitment to powering its bases and its missions with renewable energy. The Task Force is part of a Pentagon-wide effort to reduce its dependence on fossil fuels and embrace renewable energy sources as the military confronts the issues of energy costs, energy security for remote bases and operations, and the effects of energy on strategic goals. According to a recent report from Pike Research, annual spending on renewable energy by the Department of Defense (DOD) will reach $10 billion by 2030. While a significant portion of this will be spent on Facilities operations, including permanent bases, the majority of the spending will be for Mobility applications including portable soldier power as well as land, air, and sea vehicles.

“The DOD is positioned to become the single most important driver of the cleantech revolution in the United States,” says Pike Research president Clint Wheelock. “In particular, military investment in renewable energy and related technologies can help bridge the ‘valley of death’ that lies between research & development and full commercialization of these technologies.”

Pike Research estimates that the DOD currently spends approximately $20 billion per year on energy – 75% for fuel and 25% for facilities and infrastructure. Among the key sectors that will receive significant Pentagon attention and investment over the next two decades are solar power for both permanent bases and temporary facilities; fuel cells for individual soldier power; microgrids for military facilities; and biofuels for military vehicles, particularly the Navy’s “Great Green Fleet” initiative to shift to a largely biofuels-driven fleet by 2016. The total market for renewable energy for mobile power for forward bases and temporary installations, for instance, is forecast to reach $6.1 billion by 2030.

By way of comparison, the total annual expenditure by China on renewable energy for military applications will reach $4.5 billion in 2030.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com