Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blowing money just not for Dems

18 posts in this topic

Posted

No common sense morons in Congress

I hate waste. Here is a truck load more. Politicians suck.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/28/army-says-no-to-more-tanks-but-congress-insists/

Posted

Keeping the Abrams production line rolling protects businesses and good paying jobs in congressional districts where the tank's many suppliers are located.

This is why government spending will never be decreased in any meaningful way. Millions of jobs tied to military spending.

Millions tied to taxes and tax law.

Millions tied to providing support for government services.

There isn't enough demand in the private sector to pick up the slack because technology has made business much more efficient than it was in the past, meaning less demand for workers.

Cutting spending is a surefire way to increase unemployment and decrease your chances of re-election.

Posted

The entrenchment of politicians is more and more disconcerting.

I also do not like the way our country puts political families on pedestals. Bushes, Kennedys. Should not be. There should be no such thing as a political family in my opinion.

Posted

This is why government spending will never be decreased in any meaningful way. Millions of jobs tied to military spending.

Millions tied to taxes and tax law.

Millions tied to providing support for government services.

There isn't enough demand in the private sector to pick up the slack because technology has made business much more efficient than it was in the past, meaning less demand for workers.

Cutting spending is a surefire way to increase unemployment and decrease your chances of re-election.

Hit the nail on the head. That is why it is so easy to campaign on this type of spending but nothing ever gets done no matter who controls government

Posted

The entrenchment of politicians is more and more disconcerting.

I also do not like the way our country puts political families on pedestals. Bushes, Kennedys. Should not be. There should be no such thing as a political family in my opinion.

That is a good point but the voters usually are the ones who create such dynasties

Posted

Straight ticket helps maintain dynasties and a false sense of security.

Posted

As long as we have the capability of ramping up production IF the need ever arose, I'm fine with cutting it. But this is Chuck Hagel we're talking about.

About as bad as Clinton's SecDef.

Posted

Course, the infamous "red line" has been crossed in Syria.....

Posted

Course, the infamous "red line" has been crossed in Syria.....

Obama will back up a step and just draw another line in the sand. Kinda like the UN.

Posted

As long as we have the capability of ramping up production IF the need ever arose, I'm fine with cutting it. But this is Chuck Hagel we're talking about.

About as bad as Clinton's SecDef.

We built an entire war time manufacturing industry in a very short period of time during WWII. If the need ever truly arises, we could do the same again.

Posted

Straight ticket helps maintain dynasties and a false sense of security.

I feel like dynasties get a big boost from name recognition, which if anything would be worse without straight ticket because those people that would vote straight ticket will be forced to look at the names

Posted

Question: Couldn't we easily keep those jobs going but just switch them to making something we do need like solar panels?