Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012: Panthers ranked 1st in opponents yards per completion

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just tweeted out by Colin and Travis at WFNZ and I had to do a double take. Panthers were tops in the league in opponents yards per completion. Link to stats below.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-yards-per-completion

Posted · Report post

@TBoneWFNZ: Panthers were ranked 1st in the NFL last season in opponents yard per completion http://t.co/e9x9Cu8vcy @ColinWFNZ

Posted · Report post

CJ Dwan/Short Lotulelei Hardy

Davis Kuechly Beason

Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Josh Freeman collectively poo their pants.

Posted · Report post

That stat just blows my mind. Josh Norman was giving up about 15 yards per completion the first half of the season.

Posted · Report post

I don't see that happening next year. I'm not saying we blow up these quarterbacks ever play, but it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch them work. Our secondary will be much better for it, meaning those yard per completion yards will go down.

edit: i'm an idiot.

Posted · Report post

I wonder how much of that has to do with our inability to stop the run, and putting teams in a lot of 3rd and short situations. Hopefully the new DTs can help with that and really upgrade the defense.

Posted · Report post

Not too hard to believe when opposing QBs had forever to make decisions due to our poor front 7. Lots of check downs to RBs and gashes down the middle by TEs will do that.

Posted · Report post

Solution:

CB #1 retires

Draft DT, DT, G, LB, RB

Sounds like a plan!

Posted · Report post

Man I really hope Norman can still be developed into a good player. I have a feeling having Naka behind him definately didn't help is case. Probably didnt want to be burnt deep

Posted · Report post

Very intersting I see why Dave Gettleman wasn't to worried about the secondary. A strong front 7 should only help. Now hopefully the offense will show growth and we start the season strong.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bronn' timestamp='1367194934' post='2216298']
Solution:

CB #1 retires

Draft DT, DT, G, LB, RB

Sounds like a plan!
[/quote]

Not sure whats your point here is?

Gamble was out for pretty much the whole year, and being 1st (best) means lowest yards per completion.

Please, elaborate....

Posted · Report post

Yeah it does sound like a plan! The push up the middle and the rush outside is gunna have our CB only covering for 2 seconds!