Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Jeff Otah is rehabilitated....

47 posts in this topic

Posted

fwiw the team doctors aren't really impressed by his "injury" and the Jets doctors failed him because he wasn't willing to play through what they thought were just tight ITBs.

Jeff Otah just doesn't want to play football.

True story: he'd go to massage envy instead of going to the team neuro muscular guys. For those that have never played college athletics, team massage people aren't just a fru fru feel good massage; they butcher you. I've had quite a few and once or twice they've made me throw up. The idea is to loosen muscles, increase blood flow, and work out lactic acid. They're not a pleasant experience.

Otah would just go get a thai massage and bitch to the team when they wondered why he wasn't getting worked on.

Posted

Why not? Nothing to lose if its at vet minimum.

Posted

I would bring him back if he is healthy ......... He was good RT and our running game was pretty darn good in Cam's rookie yr with him playing RT

Did he even play cams rookie year? I dont think hes played more then 2 games since 2009

1 person likes this

Posted

Hell yea I would. The man was a beast when healthy. Hurney looked like a genius trading back up to take Otah before injury took over.

Posted

and he was "healthy" for all of two minutes when he was here

Posted

You can't rehabilitate laziness

I don't know. If Jamarcus Russel can find a bit of pride and decide to try again by getting in shape and working out, I'm sure that the possibility exists for Jeff Otah.

If he can get healthy, I would love to see him at camp this offseason to at least compete. If he could be what he used to then we would immediately fix the right side of our OL. It would have to be vet minimum though with a one year deal and a ton of clauses about him remaining in shape. Hell, I would hire the guy a nutritionist/diet expert if he made the team, just to be certain.

Posted

I saw the thread title and the speed at which my palm went through my face was astonishing.

that sig had me rolling.

Posted

this.

his biggest problem wasn't physical.

Otah's issue was never not being in shape.

He had bad knees and just did not have the ability to play with ANY level of pain.

Guy's issue was his desire.

Posted

If he was truly healed AND back in football shape... sure, I'd say give him a shot...

Otherwise no.

Posted

Bump. Credit to CRA.

Posted

No.

1 person likes this

Posted

Curiously just got a craving for Bojangles