Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jets to cut Tebow...could there be a place a the Panthers's roster?

262 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

wait a second are people actually arguing that tebow should be a starter still? i have a couple of hyperchristians on my facebook that shitpost constantly that he could start for any team in the league and he's just being persecuted for his beliefs but i thought they were the only ones

I don't know that the people favoring him are Christians.  Could just be Florida fans.

I do know that I'm a conservative Christian, and I've been a critic since before he was drafted.

Definitely don't want him here.  He's not a pro quarterback and I doubt he ever will be.

Posted · Report post

I don't know that the people favoring him are Christians. Could just be Florida fans.

I do know that I'm a conservative Christian, and I've been a critic since before he was drafted.

Definitely don't want him here. He's not a pro quarterback and I doubt he ever will be.

I think he's a decent third stringer but the damn circus that would follow...

Posted · Report post

I think he's a decent third stringer but the damn circus that would follow...

Honestly, I wouldn't even put him there.

Matt Moore mentioned that one of the things Jake Delhomme always told him when he was here was "Don't throw the football.  Pass the football."

Tebow doesn't pass the football.  He doesn't even throw the football.  He flings it.

Posted · Report post

...and then it lands in the dirt

Posted · Report post

Why is thread still open? That defies logic!

Posted · Report post

...and then it lands in the dirt

Or in our linebackers arms.

Posted · Report post

I cant believe this thread is still going.

Posted · Report post

Why is thread still open? That defies logic!

I literally just double clicked this thread to the find out that same answer.

what is about this guy that is keeping people talking about for 11 pages? it's truly amazing.

Posted · Report post

Can you name another quarter back who won the heisman, was drafted in the first round, won more games than he lost his first season as a starter, won a playoff game as a starter and then never had a chance to start again and was told he is not good enough to play QB in the NFL? 

I think that is why this topic stays hot.  If someone would give him a chance then he would either prove that he sucks or he would prove he can get it done and then the issue would go away. 

Posted · Report post

Can you name another quarter back who won the heisman, was drafted in the first round, won more games than he lost his first season as a starter, won a playoff game as a starter and then never had a chance to start again and was told he is not good enough to play QB in the NFL? 

I think that is why this topic stays hot.  If someone would give him a chance then he would either prove that he sucks or he would prove he can get it done and then the issue would go away. 

The only debate surrounding Tebow playing QB in the NFL is among soccer moms and church groups. Football people knew he was an NFL fail and he did not disappoint.

Posted · Report post

The only debate surrounding Tebow playing QB in the NFL is among soccer moms and church groups. Football people knew he was an NFL fail and he did not disappoint.

Do you mean the football people who drafted him in the first round or the football people who benched a decent QB in Orton in favor of him?  Maybe you mean the football people for the Steelers who dared him to beat them with his arm.  The only football people who have had him on the roster and not used him are the football people on the Jets.  I am not sure I would call the Jets or anyone associated with the current clusterf*ck they have going on up there a football person.

Posted · Report post

Never!!!