Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Jets to cut Tebow...could there be a place a the Panthers's roster?

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#91 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Sorry for late.

GIF APPROVED

#92 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Also during his 2011 playoff season, he had the worst Completion percentage and a terrible QB ranking.

The broncos won despite The Golden Calf of Bristol

the broncos' 2011 run and playoff victory over the steelers was really something to watch. i'll be the first to admit.

but winning your division at 8-8 with a starting quarterback who completes 46% of his passes and has mechanics that are put to shame by middle aged weekend warriors at the local park isn't something that you can depend on.

#93 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sorry for late.

GIF APPROVED

Posted Image

#94 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

^ LSU fan.. So you're saying 12,232 total yards of offense and 145 total touchdowns is the product of an offensive scheme? OK buddy. Let me know when a player even gets close to that amount of production.

A three year starter in that kind of offense should put up crazy numbers. You know who else rode the Urban Meyer wave? David Carr. How did he turn out? I'm not saying he has zero talent, I'm saying he's a system QB. His success with the Broncos was due to the defense, and the level of competition they faced. An extremely sub-par Patriots defense made him look like he doesn't belong in the league. The times he played downs for the Jets, it was a joke. He may go down as the greatest college QB ever, sure, but that doesn't equal NFL success. He's like the Tyler Hansbrough of the NFL.

#95 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

the broncos' 2011 run and playoff victory over the steelers was really something to watch. i'll be the first to admit.

but winning your division at 8-8 with a starting quarterback who completes 46% of his passes and has mechanics that are put to shame by middle aged weekend warriors at the local park isn't something that you can depend on.

the steelers kinda burnt themselves that game. they completely sold out on the run, left man coverage on the outside with one or none safeties over the top. it was a fluke win for The Golden Calf of Bristol's broncos.

#96 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

A three year starter in that kind of offense should put up crazy numbers. You know who else rode the Urban Meyer wave? David Carr. How did he turn out? I'm not saying he has zero talent, I'm saying he's a system QB. His success with the Broncos was due to the defense, and the level of competition they faced. An extremely sub-par Patriots defense made him look like he doesn't belong in the league. The times he played downs for the Jets, it was a joke. He may go down as the greatest college QB ever, sure, but that doesn't equal NFL success. He's like the Tyler Hansbrough of the NFL.

you mean alex smith? not sure if carr was ever under meyer but im pretty sure smith was

#97 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't know why the guy won't just agree to play TE. He could be a star at that position. Being stubborn is going to be end of his pro career.

LOL

#98 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

http://scottfowlerob...d-not-work.html

#99 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

As bad as he is, he was better than Mark Sanchez and realistically he should have been the Jets starter last season.

#100 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

LOL

Pardon me...he could get a job at that position.

#101 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Pardon me...he could get a job at that position.

maybe in the cfl

#102 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

This thread is a pretty good sign of why we shouldn't sign him.

#103 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,671 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Say what you want but you have to admit when he's not busy losing, all he does is win.

#104 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

I logged on to the huddle today looking specifically for this post. Will leave satisfied.

#105 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

i don't see how people still think this guy is capable of playing in the nfl

He is capable, just not as a starting QB. If it weren't for the media, is be all for it. He's no worse than Pickles, but could be used as a TE/ tailback/ wildcat package. However, the media frenzy would be too much of a distraction. So no!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com