Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats to my fellow alum, leader and great pal Anthony Foxx

18 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/28/anthony-foxx-transportation-secretary_n_3174904.html

President Barack Obama will name Charlotte, N.C., Mayor Anthony Foxx as his next Secretary of the Department of Transportation, sources familiar with the administration’s planning told The Huffington Post. The decision is expected to come this week.

Mr. Foxx graduated just before me in 1993 from the distinguished Davidson college.

He was student body president while I was rising IFC president so we were both becoming leaders in the community.

Unfortunately my role included getting hammered and playing Foosball on a Tuesday night while his was apparently trying to move up in the world.

I could have been a cabinet member if I wanted.

Posted

sure ya coulda...

I would have a lot of fun as transportation secretary, this much is for sure.

Posted

Not from Charlotte.

Besides getting elected mayor, and graduating from Davidson, what exactly qualifies him for the new position?

Posted

Not from Charlotte.

Besides getting elected mayor, and graduating from Davidson, what exactly qualifies him for the new position?

Exactly! I've got the same credentials he has.

Besides the mayor thing.

He has a better wiki page than me though.

Posted

I'm still waiting on a phone call to be the Liesure Czar

Posted

Not from Charlotte.

Yeah I don't know what really qualifies him for the position either, but he won't be the first person to hold this position without any real credentials to do so. Elizabeth Dole was also the Secretary of Transportation.

I'm sure Foxx got this position because of who he knows rather than what he knows.

I'm interested to see who becomes the Mayor of Charlotte now. I'm hoping we don't get an extreme right or left wing mayor. McCory did well here by being fairly moderate.

Posted

The success and smooth running of the DNC had something to do with it I bet.

Posted

Politics. Glad handing, back scratching.

Posted

Yeah I don't know what really qualifies him for the position either, but he won't be the first person to hold this position without any real credentials to do so. Elizabeth Dole was also the Secretary of Transportation.

I'm sure Foxx got this position because of who he knows rather than what he knows.

I'm interested to see who becomes the Mayor of Charlotte now. I'm hoping we don't get an extreme right or left wing mayor. McCory did well here by being fairly moderate.

I'd like to find out where this bizarro McCrory in Raleigh came from

Posted

What's McCrory done that's been so bizarro Panthro.

Posted

I'd like to find out where this bizarro McCrory in Raleigh came from

I think there are big bucks at work to make him look like a lunatic. Course you know this already

Posted

I think there are big bucks at work to make him look like a lunatic. Course you know this already

Panthro was on that email list.