Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenjon Barner - our Tavon Austin / Percy Harvin

65 posts in this topic

Posted

The guy ran a 4.5. yes it was faster at his proday because those are hand timed. everyone runs faster at there proday. Stop with the homerisms. He is in no way tayvon or percy,the guy runs pretty stiff from what i've seen.

He was laser timed at 4.42, hand timed at 4.38.  I have some hopes for him turning into a playmaker.

Posted

What do you think about Lester? I think he makes 53.

i think he does as well. we've got a problem at safety, tho. we've got 3 SS that i think make the roster, but only one FS, godfrey. it's kind of unbalanced right now. I'm hoping that one or two CBs can handle the FS job when godfrey isn't on the field or if he misses time.

Posted

He was laser timed at 4.42, hand timed at 4.38. I have some hopes for him turning into a playmaker.

and the problem wasn't the speed, it was the technique and form getting started. very unnatural way to start off and doesn't at all replicate on field starting and stopping.

Posted

and the problem was the speed, it was the technique and form getting started. very unnatural way to start off and doesn't at all replicate on field starting and stopping.

I agree. I watch his highlights and see a player not much slower than tavon Austin.

Posted

i think he does as well. we've got a problem at safety, tho. we've got 3 SS that i think make the roster, but only one FS, godfrey. it's kind of unbalanced right now. I'm hoping that one or two CBs can handle the FS job when godfrey isn't on the field or if he misses time.

D.J. Moore...

Posted

D.J. Moore...

i think you're right.

Posted

I am getting excited to see Barner. Hope Shula gives him some reps out of the backfield.

Posted

and the problem was the speed, it was the technique and form getting started. very unnatural way to start off and doesn't at all replicate on field starting and stopping.

Hasn't the whole arguement been that 40 time doesn't mean as much as production?  The guy is in the 4.4 range regardless and ran for nearly 1800 yards and 21 TDs in a spread offense.  That is amazing production.   If the value of running backs in the last few years hadn't been at rock bottom, he would have easily been a 2nd or 3rd round pick at worst.  He's argueably better then Lamichael James that the 49ers picked up in the 2nd last year.

Posted

This is a HUGE factor that gets overlooked in the 40 discussion.  Most of these skill position players are fast, but actual times are so reliant on the start that you can't just look at the numbers to see how fast a guy is...particularly those that weren't track guys in the past.   

Posted

Hasn't the whole arguement been that 40 time doesn't mean as much as production?  The guy is in the 4.4 range regardless and ran for nearly 1800 yards and 21 TDs in a spread offense.  That is amazing production.   If the value of running backs in the last few years hadn't been at rock bottom, he would have easily been a 2nd or 3rd round pick at worst.  He's argueably better then Lamichael James that the 49ers picked up in the 2nd last year.

sorry, i meant the problem wasn't the speed. i didn't notice that until you quoted me.

the speed is there. the 40 doesn't show it because he wasn't used to running it like that. it's just a very unnatural way to start off. i don't really hold 40 times against anyone if what they show on the field is fast moving.

i agree, tho. that production is amazing. i know some had to do with the system, but it also had to do with how well he fit the system.

gettleman wanted TD scorers, and this guy fits that bill in spades.

Posted

IDK if this has been posted, but oh well. Not anything that's not been said. Articles from back in Nov.about wether or not he's a "system" back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090868/article/kenjon-barner-not-just-a-product-of-oregon-ducks-quirky-system

What's funny is the comments. Guys thinking he wouldnt be around in the bottom of the 1st.

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYj8rXeAUGk

Show me one austin like move.... he's stiff not tayvon like shifty... his game speed isnt 4.3 to me either.