64 replies to this topic

#31 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Does anyone think we might use Kenjon in a way the Vikings used Percy, in the slot some, out of the backfield, just wherever they can get him on the field to help?

The stuff I have seen on the kid, he looks as good as Harvin did coming out of college. I know some people wanted Austin to help out Cam, but this kid is Taller and Thicker than Austin and if he can pick up some route running skills, could be a real steal for us.

Just my 2 cents...

won't even make the roster IMO

#32 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

won't even make the roster IMO

Care to make a wager? I guarantee he makes the 53

#33 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

I just have a feeling that Barner is going to be a really good playmaker for us. I think we'll use him like a faster Brian Westbrook.. Kid has potential, and he was a good pick up. I think he's going to be a great receiving option out of the backfield, in the slot, and screens. In todays NFL with all the personal foul calls that are coming down on safeties, I really like the idea of having small receivers with a smaller strike zone when going over the middle. Though I definitely recognize the need to have some tall players at the position as well.

#34 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

This kid reminds me a lot of Deangelo's running style, but significantly shiftier and needs much less of a hole than 34 does. He's a scat back, but he's not bouncing all over the field like a Joe Adams punt return. He finds the hole, makes a cut to it and squirts through upfield. Yet he's more than willing to lower his shoulder and drive for an extra yard when he's hit. I'm really excited about him.

#35 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Care to make a wager? I guarantee he makes the 53

oh god, one of these guys.... im guessing he makes PS at best, what is your "wager"?

#36 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

This kid reminds me a lot of Deangelo's running style, but significantly shiftier and needs much less of a hole than 34 does. He's a scat back, but he's not bouncing all over the field like a Joe Adams punt return. He finds the hole, makes a cut to it and squirts through upfield. Yet he's more than willing to lower his shoulder and drive for an extra yard when he's hit. I'm really excited about him.

Yeah sorta similar. He kinda reminds me more of Arian Foster though with a little mix of Deangelo's jukes. All round good skill set but doesn't quite have DWill's cutting ability. Barner looks like he's got a little more straight line speed though.

#37 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Same thing we've heard so many times before. Goodson, Armanti, Pilares, Joe Adams. Never works bruv!!

#38 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Barner is a 3rd/4th round guy, IMO. He didn't have the greatest combine, and that hurt his stock. Us getting him in the 6th is a steal. He has great hands and his in-game speed is faster than his low 40 at the combine (though, he ran a much faster 40 at his pro-day). Barner will make the roster, period. He'll be a special teams guy who might rotate into the backfield and slot, depending on how his TC and preseason performances go. Whenever D-will goes, Barner is with Stew as the new double threat for us.

That's just my .02

#39 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Dwill losing a step and cannot get that outside edge means we have two backs that run inside.He will bring a different talent than we have

#40 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Smith is more of a 4.45 guy now

#41 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

oh god, one of these guys.... im guessing he makes PS at best, what is your "wager"?

Barner will make the 53 over Poole and Smith. He brings an element they don't. He's got better hands. More likely a better return option than either. Maybe more than anyone outside of Ginn, whos on a 1 year deal. He provides a more reliable weapon out of the option. And capable of playing the slot more effectively than any RB on the team. So tell us why he won't make the 53?

BTW, put him on the PS and he's as good as gone.

#42 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

A sig bet?
Anything you can come up with. Don't back out though, he's making that 53. PS? He'd be signed elsewhere.

#43 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Same thing we've heard so many times before. Goodson, Armanti, Pilares, Joe Adams. Never works bruv!!

Goodson was a quality back IMO.
Armanti was a stupid hurney project.
I'm surprised pilares hasn't done more.
Joe Adams was supposed to be a decent fourth rounder but turned into a fumble machine.
None are as fast as this guy.

#44 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,263 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Shula :-(

#45 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,263 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Barner will make the 53 over Poole and Smith. He brings an element they don't. He's got better hands. More likely a better return option than either. Maybe more than anyone outside of Ginn, whos on a 1 year deal. He provides a more reliable weapon out of the option. And capable of playing the slot more effectively than any RB on the team. So tell us why he won't make the 53?

BTW, put him on the PS and he's as good as gone.

This. I also think Lester makes the 53 as a S and STeamer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com