64 replies to this topic

#41 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

oh god, one of these guys.... im guessing he makes PS at best, what is your "wager"?

Barner will make the 53 over Poole and Smith. He brings an element they don't. He's got better hands. More likely a better return option than either. Maybe more than anyone outside of Ginn, whos on a 1 year deal. He provides a more reliable weapon out of the option. And capable of playing the slot more effectively than any RB on the team. So tell us why he won't make the 53?

BTW, put him on the PS and he's as good as gone.

#42 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour mother's basement
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

oh god, one of these guys.... im guessing he makes PS at best, what is your "wager"?

A sig bet?
Anything you can come up with. Don't back out though, he's making that 53. PS? He'd be signed elsewhere.

#43 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour mother's basement
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Same thing we've heard so many times before. Goodson, Armanti, Pilares, Joe Adams. Never works bruv!!

Goodson was a quality back IMO.
Armanti was a stupid hurney project.
I'm surprised pilares hasn't done more.
Joe Adams was supposed to be a decent fourth rounder but turned into a fumble machine.
None are as fast as this guy.

#44 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Shula :-(

#45 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Barner will make the 53 over Poole and Smith. He brings an element they don't. He's got better hands. More likely a better return option than either. Maybe more than anyone outside of Ginn, whos on a 1 year deal. He provides a more reliable weapon out of the option. And capable of playing the slot more effectively than any RB on the team. So tell us why he won't make the 53?

BTW, put him on the PS and he's as good as gone.

This. I also think Lester makes the 53 as a S and STeamer.

#46 micnificent28

micnificent28

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

The guy ran a 4.5. yes it was faster at his proday because those are hand timed. everyone runs faster at there proday. Stop with the homerisms. He is in no way tayvon or percy,the guy runs pretty stiff from what i've seen.

#47 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

no doubt barner is on the 53.

the guy has just too much talent. i don't see him necessarily being a starter unless he really improves his pass protection skills or converts to WR, but he'll most certainly get significant usage...at the very least on special teams. as I've said elsewhere, he's better suited for read option plays than williams. i think he's a guy who can be used much like sproles. super fast scat back whose also a really good receiver.

#48 SCP

SCP

HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

no doubt barner is on the 53.

the guy has just too much talent. i don't see him necessarily being a starter unless he really improves his pass protection skills or converts to WR, but he'll most certainly get significant usage...at the very least on special teams. as I've said elsewhere, he's better suited for read option plays than williams. i think he's a guy who can be used much like sproles. super fast scat back whose also a really good receiver.

What do you think about Lester? I think he makes 53.

#49 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

The guy ran a 4.5. yes it was faster at his proday because those are hand timed. everyone runs faster at there proday. Stop with the homerisms. He is in no way tayvon or percy,the guy runs pretty stiff from what i've seen.

He was laser timed at 4.42, hand timed at 4.38.  I have some hopes for him turning into a playmaker.

#50 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

What do you think about Lester? I think he makes 53.

i think he does as well. we've got a problem at safety, tho. we've got 3 SS that i think make the roster, but only one FS, godfrey. it's kind of unbalanced right now. I'm hoping that one or two CBs can handle the FS job when godfrey isn't on the field or if he misses time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users