• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Russell Wilson mentions God more than any other player I know (look at his twitter ffs) and to my knowledge doesn't get criticised for it. He actually says that God helps him win football games too, unlike teblow

Maybe it's because teblow belongs to the most persecuted group in america, the SWCM

#32 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones

LOLOL RT @TimBrando: Being a Christian White male over 50 that's raised a family means nothing in today's culture. The sad truth. Period.
7:17 PM - 29 Apr 2013

hhhhhhaaaaaaaahahahaha

someone find them an advocate before its too late!

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,267 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol Tim controls the media. i had no idea.

im glad you guys are finally in tune with how bad the white devil is. finally people are paying attention.

#34 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,971 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Sometimes I think a world where we have to survive by fighting in a giant Thunderdome does not seem so bad.

If you live in the south and in a conversation with group of neighbors or parents at a soccer game and someone says that they are not attending a church and more of a "spritual" person...or i do not follow any religion...Or better yet..i am an atheist! Agnostic! Whatever!

Tell me who will be the most persecuted person in that circle. Hint: it will not be the Christians!!

I feel sorry for the middle-eastern-black- gay atheist..the most persecuted person on earth...or in the South at least.

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

Sometimes I think a world where we have to survive by fighting in a giant Thunderdome does not seem so bad.

If you live in the south and in a conversation with group of neighbors or parents at a soccer game and someone says that they are not attending a church and more of a "spritual" person...or i do not follow any religion...Or better yet..i am an atheist! Agnostic! Whatever!

Tell me who will be the most persecuted person in that circle. Hint: it will not be the Christians!!

I feel sorry for the middle-eastern-black- gay atheist..the most persecuted person on earth...or in the South at least.

No kidding. Been there. So often I'm asked, "where do you go to church". I use to say, "oh we don't go to church" or "we're between churches" and the conversation got somewhat uncomfortable. Now I say, "I'm agnostic" and they stumble over their words and typically they never approach me again.

I've noticed similar treatment to anyone who is not Orthodox Christian as well. Especially when I was in church. We were often pre-warned of their antics (questions) and beliefs before Bible studies etc.  They'd eventually get kicked out of the church or shunned away.  This is experiences from churchs like Elevation not some uptight Presbyterian enviroment.

#36 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,267 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Let's quantify the persecution instead of conjecture.
How often does it happen in the media be tv or print? When it happens what % of christians retaliate thru boycotts or violence? What is the number of christians that move to other countries and envoke violence in the name of God?

Just for a sample size what % of christians feel comfortable enough to even mention God or church at soccer matches or work?

What % of companies have policies in place where if you forward an email with anything religious you can be fired? Not an email inviting someone to church but maybe a quote or an article?

Finally. What % of threads in the tinderbox are started with sole intent to bash or bully someone who is religious as opposed to someone religious starting threads bashing or bullying non believers? Is it 50/50 or leans heavily one way or the other?

Just curious how this all can be quantified.

#37 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,716 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

My parents had to pay the church money(thousands) to get their previous marriages annulled so they could receive the eucharist.  Oh, religion.

#38 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Let's quantify the persecution instead of conjecture.
How often does it happen in the media be tv or print? When it happens what % of christians retaliate thru boycotts or violence? What is the number of christians that move to other countries and envoke violence in the name of God?

Just for a sample size what % of christians feel comfortable enough to even mention God or church at soccer matches or work?

What % of companies have policies in place where if you forward an email with anything religious you can be fired? Not an email inviting someone to church but maybe a quote or an article?

Finally. What % of threads in the tinderbox are started with sole intent to bash or bully someone who is religious as opposed to someone religious starting threads bashing or bullying non believers? Is it 50/50 or leans heavily one way or the other?

You go quantify that, I'll continue to avoid calling myself an atheist around strangers

#39 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

anti-religion threads in the huddle are generally a result of religion bashing/bullying non-believers irl

#40 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

wow pstall really thinks xians are persecuted more

#41 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,550 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yeah he's in the bubble.

I was just at my sons school. You know what was being talked about by all the moms? Church

Do you know how many pamphlets about church and prayer have been sent home with my son from school? At least 8. Do you know how many atheist or agnostic ones have? 0

My facebook feed at the moment is full of bible verses, christian quotes and request for prayers. There are many likes likes for those comments. Do you know how many comments were negative against any of them? None

If I were to post anything about my agnosticism, I'd lose friends, been there.

What does every Panther home game start with? Prayer. What does every political speech end with? God Bless America

#42 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Depends on where you're talking.  In the US?  Probably not so much.

#43 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,267 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

I actually don't think christians are overtly persc al tha much honestly. Covertly or secretively sure.

I ask to quantify to show some of those chirping about the persc to make the point that its the non believer who thinks christians are wringing their hands when its the other way around.
I mean you can't even get a good table if you wear a cross or you are walked out when you pray.

The corporate world has made things that don't bother anyone from either side of believing much bigger than what it is.

The litmus test is this and I doubt anyone here would be honest enough to admit this. How do you view someone once they say they are either a christian or athiest etc? Do you look down on them or shake it off?

#44 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

I actually don't think christians are overtly persc al tha much honestly. Covertly or secretively sure.

I ask to quantify to show some of those chirping about the persc to make the point that its the non believer who thinks christians are wringing their hands when its the other way around.
I mean you can't even get a good table if you wear a cross or you are walked out when you pray.

The corporate world has made things that don't bother anyone from either side of believing much bigger than what it is.

The litmus test is this and I doubt anyone here would be honest enough to admit this. How do you view someone once they say they are either a christian or athiest etc? Do you look down on them or shake it off?

Well I didnt understand any of that until the last paragraph.

If someone tells me they are a christian when it comes up naturally in a conversation I dont think anything of it because it is completely normal. 

If they just bring it up out of the blue, they usually start going on and on about their church so I get bored and tune out the conversation.  I will add that the same thing happened with the one person who brought up that he was an atheist (he went on and on about it and I ignored him)

#45 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yeah he's in the bubble.

I was just at my sons school. You know what was being talked about by all the moms? Church

Do you know how many pamphlets about church and prayer have been sent home with my son from school? At least 8. Do you know how many atheist or agnostic ones have? 0

My facebook feed at the moment is full of bible verses, christian quotes and request for prayers. There are many likes likes for those comments. Do you know how many comments were negative against any of them? None

If I were to post anything about my agnosticism, I'd lose friends, been there.

What does every Panther home game start with? Prayer. What does every political speech end with? God Bless America

The school thing is weird.  Both of my kids have gone all the way thru CMS from K-12 (my son graduates in June) and I've never gotten anything religious sent home. I mean seriously, nothing.   I wonder how many Jewish or Islamic pamphlets have gone out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.