i can't wait for the day that this is no longer newsworthy

#3 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Since he is the first player to do so it is newsworthy. I think he may make an impact in gaining acceptance. He is a "normal" guy who happens to be gay. Assuming he does not start dating Rupaul or walking around in a wedding dress he may help break the stereotype.

#4 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

not sure why the world needs to care about what he does to be honest.

#5 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image

#6 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

I totally agree. Why do gay people need to keep announcing to the world that they are gay. They act like they need special attention or something. Who cares whether you are gay or not. You have the same rights whether people know it or not. Get a life. I just don't see why gay people don't get the picture. People don't care if your gay and people are getting tired of you wanting special attention and stuff. Bottom line stop dropping the hints and go live your life the you want to. I'm not against people living the way they want. Just tired of hearing it in the news day in and day out. Plain and simple.

#7 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Oh god here we go again

#8 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

I totally agree. Why do gay people need to keep announcing to the world that they are gay. They act like they need special attention or something. Who cares whether you are gay or not. You have the same rights whether people know it or not. Get a life. I just don't see why gay people don't get the picture. People don't care if your gay and people are getting tired of you wanting special attention and stuff. Bottom line stop dropping the hints and go live your life the you want to. I'm not against people living the way they want. Just tired of hearing it in the news day in and day out. Plain and simple.

Not sure if serious

#9 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Not sure if serious

Not sure if your serious neither. So buzz off fly. You don't like my opinion on something like this. Then don't post a comment and move on. Plain and simple.

#10 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

People don't care if your gay

So...do you really think people dont care about this? Brushing aside the fact that its a major national news story and a huge topic of conversation, there has never been an athlete to play a major american sport after admitting he was gay.

Hell, I wish people didnt care. Maybe now that this guy came out, we wont have to care. Being gay will just be another random fact about a player that comes up during interviews: this guy owns 2 Ferraris, plays blues guitar, and has a boyfriend named Steve

#11 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Not sure if your serious neither. So buzz off fly. You don't like my opinion on something like this. Then don't post a comment and move on. Plain and simple.

If you don't like people commenting on your opinion then keep it to yourself.

#12 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

If you are going to be hostile about your opinion, then maybe you shouldn't post it. I was seriously wondering if you were serious or not, because that post had "bigotry" all over it in my opinion. It honestly looked like you were trolling because of how much hate I saw in your post. I won't bash your opinion, and I never intended to do so, but will you stop and consider that the only reason it is a big deal is because people like you make it out as such? I mean, things like "they have the same rights as anyone else", "get a life", "I just don't see why gay people don't get the picture", etc. They aren't asking for "special attention". The only reason it gets special attention is because people make it out to be a big deal because being homosexual is against their beliefs (be it religious or otherwise). Lastly, I don't know why you are "tired of hearing about it", because he is the first active male athlete to come out of the closet (so to speak), so it's not like there are cases of this happening every day as you say.

Anyways, everyone will have an opinion, and I won't put mine over yours or anyone else's. We will just have to have our differences.

#13 Gluecows

Gluecows

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Leviticus 19:27 reads "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."
so unless you have never shaven once in your life Pantherman, then see you in hell!

#14 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Leviticus 19:27 reads "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."
so unless you have never shaven once in your life Pantherman, then see you in hell!

Lol

+1 tbh

Strong first post.

#15 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yep, who cares?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users