#16 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

*Double Post*

Your right like I said dont get me wrong I'm excited about the defense, but you have to find away to surround your qb with guys that can take it the distance every time.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

what happens when we lose smitty...and i'm not talking about when he retires in a year or two or whatever...but when he gets hurt and has to miss significant time again.

we've been lucky the last couple years, but i don't anticipate that luck to hold out much longer. he plays too hard and takes harder hits than anyone. at some point he's going to break again. i hope not, but that has to be expected and planned for.

so when that happens, and you have to approach it as WHEN and not IF, what do we do? who do we turn to?

#18 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

No I think he will be smarter then Chud. I think he will use a power set Run game to take pressure off Cam and the OLine. Instead of doing the (Chud) move of trying to reinvent the wheel and having a whole offense based around the Read Option. I think he will have Cam under center and let him do audibles unlike Chud. I Shula will have more of a connection to the roster and the rest of the coaching staff then Chud did.

All valid points and I hope your right. The main mistake I think this team is making tho is waiting to find Smittys replacement. I want a guy on the roster that can replace him now. That would make him that much dangerous. Like ATL with Julio and Roddy both are #1s.

#19 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

There is 1 problem that is easy to see. We have a new OC that was bad as an OC.

#20 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

what happens when we lose smitty...and i'm not talking about when he retires in a year or two or whatever...but when he gets hurt and has to miss significant time again.

we've been lucky the last couple years, but i don't anticipate that luck to hold out much longer. he plays too hard and takes harder hits than anyone. at some point he's going to break again. i hope not, but that has to be expected and planned for.

so when that happens, and you have to approach it as WHEN and not IF, what do we do? who do we turn to?

What a Stupid argument.
You can say that about a few position. What if OLsen, Gross, or Cam goes down??? We would be fuged. You could have drafted a WR in the 1st round and if Smitty goes down we would still be fuged!! There wasn't a WR in this draft that could have replace Smitty if he goes down.

#21 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

The problem with our offense isnt the now, its the future. You have pro bowl center that is getting up there in age and coming off injury, your pro bowl LT in Gross will be 34 and gone next year. Our star WR will be 35 next year. The rest of our O lind is pretty suspect.

#22 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

The problem with our offense isnt the now, its the future. You have pro bowl center that is getting up there in age and coming off injury, your pro bowl LT in Gross will be 34 and gone next year. Our star WR will be 35 next year. The rest of our O lind is pretty suspect.

Kalil is 28. I'd hardly call that "getting up there."

#23 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

What a Stupid argument.

piss off.

#24 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

No I think he will be smarter then Chud.

Chud's career skyrocketed from TE Coach to NFL Head Coach in a matter of a few years.

Compare that to Shula.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Chud's career skyrocketed from TE Coach to NFL Head Coach in a matter of a few years.

Compare that to Shula.

and how long did it take for someone to want to give him another shot at an OC job? sure wasn't a decade.

lot's of hopes and dreams with little to back it up about shula.

#26 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,680 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yeah that dinosaur Kalil what will we do, lol wtf he's barely older than me.

People can cover their ears if they want about our WR situation but we are taking a gamble this year.

#27 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Compare that to Shula.

He also is know for having 1 great year then losing his mind the next year.

#28 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Compare that to Shula.

Geez, I guess getting all the credit for Cam's development had nothing to do with that, did it?

#29 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm not trying to be negative I hope you guys are right. I just have strong concerns with the O Line being better than 20th in the league.

https://www.profootb...ffensive-lines/

If the line is below average our backs will not get to flourish. Furthermore, I do not consider Brandon a legit number 2 in today's NFL. I like him and I think 600 yards or whatever is respectable but we need more.

#30 SetfreexX

SetfreexX

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

You guys can be as cynical and negative as you want to be, but keeping Shula allows us not to completely scrap an offense for a new one forcing a likely regression on that side of the ball as the players will have a curve. I think its suggestive to say that about Chud b/c he regressed from an OC in CLE, to a TE Coach in SD, Ron brought him here drafted Cam and the rest is history. If you guys think Chud will be the next Sean Payton in CLEVELAND I wouldn't hold your breath.

Shula was last an OC with the likes of Shaun King iirc running the show, I'll reserve judgement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com