Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Anyone catch Smitty this afternoon?

139 posts in this topic

There's several poster's that would not surpise me if they didn't know about Gettlemans background but CRA not knowing shocks me for some reason.

Are receivers had 10 TD's all season. 15 if you include Olsen. I admit I am no expert but to say we are set is stupid. 20 QB's threw more TD's than Cam last year including 3 rookies. So while I am over not drafting one, I find it crazy for anyone to suggest we couldn't use another playmaker. Hell Gettleman himself said he was looking for TD Scorers.

Preach

Yea he worked in college scouting dude.

When, who was drafted then?

All I am saying is some pretty bold proclamations are made about G-man. We hardly know him

There's several poster's that would not surpise me if they didn't know about Gettlemans background but CRA not knowing shocks me for some reason.

Well sir, that is why I come here. To learn stuff about my team I didn't know....but I will now go look into that and it could alter my view

He was part of a college scouting service with the Bills, and an integral part of their 4 Super Bowl era of drafting.

Thank you for the info. That is very interesting.

When, who was drafted then?

All I am saying is some pretty bold proclamations are made about G-man. We hardly know him

Its just experience. He's pretty much done everything but make the final decisions on draft day. I haven't really been making any bold proclamations except that I trust his judgements from his resume. And he hasn't lied about what he is trying to do. I'm excited.

There are two ways to view things from a cautiously optimistic viewpoint which I think we share at times. You tend to look at it negatively (this is not a slam) and i tend to look at it positively. You are right we don't know. But his long list of credentials at Super Bowl winning/playing teams gives me hope and belief that he knows what he is doing. There is nothing wrong with having faith in someone that has worked with winners in the past.

The only "evidence" that you have is over a decade ago with a shitty TB team that had Shaun Freakin' King as the QB.

My philosophy....wait and see what he is actually going to do to make an "informed" evaluation.

Your philosophy....continue to bitch about something that is based on what happened over a DECADE ago.

there's been no evidence that anything has changed. he's been given no other opportunities in a DECADE. you have to wonder why that is. my fear that isn't unwarranted is that we are about to find out.

i'm not happy with the promotion. i hope it works out, tho. i'm not happy with the coaching staff. i hope it works out, tho.

until they can show me otherwise, i think we are a good coaching staff away from being a dominant team.

Well sir, that is why I come here. To learn stuff about my team I didn't know....but I will now go look into that and it could alter my view

I wasn't dogging you, was more of a compliment to your knowledge vs the average huddler. It would be kind of like most of the board knowing who Kate Upton was and Biscuit(darth urious) being the last to find out as he is the top boob scout the lovely ladies forum has.

Did Smitty have any opinion on right guard? Would he prefer Piggy, the rookie or another vet guard to be signed?