Anyone catch Smitty this afternoon?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#91 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

what in the world gave you that idea?

When he said QBs don't run....something to that affect.

#92 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

He said Cam would need to make more plays happen from the pocket with his arm (not with his legs) to have longterm success in the NFL, and he's right.

#93 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I hope Smitty gets his own radio show when he retires, he tells it like it is.

#94 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Eh, he drafted Kenjon Barner, he's very good with running the read-option. He's not a guy that'll abuse you in the power running scheme.

#95 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

He said Cam would need to make more plays happen from the pocket with his arm (not with his legs) to have longterm success in the NFL, and he's right.

Cam already makes plays from the pocket, never is in a hurry to bail, and if anything gets caught staying too long in the pocket...and is off to historic pace for passing yards.

He needs to improve his passing. I don't get "more"

#96 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

not for us married guys.

DaCityKats, meet Bill Clinton.

Bill?... DaCityKats.

;)

#97 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

1. You don't know what Shula is going to run
2. Your evaluation of Shula as an OC was from over a decade ago...with a team that he took to the playoffs with the likes of Shaun King at the helm

I have no idea whether Shula will be a great OC....but continuing to bash the guy with ZERO to support it is laughable as well.

Case in point:

After the 1997 season, Bruce Arians was fired after his one and only season as Bama's offensive coordinator.

Last year, Bruce Arians was the Associated Press NFL Coach of the Year.

#98 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I couldn't be happier with the first 3 picks going to the trenches. Would I have loved to snag Hunter in the 2nd and/or Rambo in the 4th? Absolutely, but when Hunter was gone the only other non-trench player I was hoping for was Allen and Gettleman must not have been sold on his injury recovery or something. Our secondary is weak, but we lacked more in the trenches than we did at skill positions and trenches win games. I'd rather we lacked at skill positions than the trenches. A larger % of Super Bowl winning teams of the past 10+ years were stronger in the trenches than they were at skill positions. Most notably, the only two teams with multiple SB victories in the past 10 years which also happen to be the teams JR admires the most - Steelers and Giants.

#99 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Cam already makes plays from the pocket, never is in a hurry to bail, and if anything gets caught staying too long in the pocket...and is off to historic pace for passing yards.

He needs to improve his passing. I don't get "more"

Gettlemania wants Cam to have a career that surpasses a decade. I don't blame him for wanting Cam to stay in the pocket a tad more.

#100 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

I also try to let my bias be known...and Gettlemen never rubbed me right so I can admit I probably haven't done my homework on him like I do pieces of our franchise I an enthusiastic about. I kind of immediately have put him in the "not sure about this guy" category the moment I felt he was not "all in" on Cam.

I have heard him say multiple times that teams first need to find their franchise quarterback and this team has that. Multiple interviews, multiple times. He is all in on Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users