Photo
- - - - -

Anyone catch Smitty this afternoon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

#133 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Reality is Gettlemen probably got in my dog house as a certain group of posters took his words twisted them....and then tried to argue Cam should play like Eli, not run, and that Gettlemen had ruled out the read option as an option.

Not so much him, but me allowing him to be more of what some where claiming he was about

And I think the only thing missing from Cam's game is his short pass game and simply experience that can only come from years put in. I am now leaning toward him being part of the goaline/short yardage rush attack being almost completely removed....the rest of his running I think will be in his game pretty much forever. It may vary how he does it....but I still maintain all Young's rushing stats will be shattered.

Agree with this completely. I think you misunderstood Gettleman or like you said posters twisted his words. Cam needs and wants to be the complete package deal. We have something very special. From the small sample I have seen, this guy can make throws that top QBs can make, can run better than some of the best running QBs that have ever played the game and can be as hard to tackle as Big Ben. We need the whole package, every element, because Cam has shown flashes of all of them, and if/when he puts it all together it will be a scary thing. This isn't homerism, this is what I have witnessed in phases. And this is what is so exciting about this guy.

His short game is nothing to sneeze at either, it's not as awful as some people say. But he defintely needs to get better. And i was gonna post earlier the only thing I wanted taken from his running game was his short yardage red zone carries, where he would obviously receive the most hits.

#134 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

No but sorry, yes he does. Smith shows his ass in malls, on the radio, in Hawaii, on NFL Network, you name it.
We will have to agree to disagree.
He has no love-loss at WFNZ. Half of that team is dead to him.
I'll let you guess who he has no respect for.

Ok, agree to disagree....from what I have seen Smith is a VERY calm, intelligent, compassionate, and frankly nice guy in the offseason...with no drama. In fact, I cant think of one instance he has done or said anything except for PC junk or painfully obvious stuff in an offseason.

He doesn't show his ass except starting in Wofford uo until Carolina plays its last game of the season. Then he talks to the media with his emotions, shows out, etc.

#135 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Could some one post a link to this please?

#136 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Smitty made good points, but the fact remains, we could have 11 Pro Bowl starters on the offensive side of the ball, and Shula would screw it up somehow.

#137 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

in fairness....early DTs have a high bust rate. If you play the odds....we would be lucky if one of our 2 drafted DTs worked out.

Probably why we drafted two.

#138 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

I think we've missed our fair share these last 10 years.

We haven't spent a high pick on a DT since Jenkins, and he worked out pretty well while he was on the team.

#139 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

The past two times he's been on, he has really shared his support for LaFell.  He seems open enough to where he jsut wouldn't say anything if he didn't think LaFell was any good.