#106 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,104 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, if only Steve Young would have stayed in the pocket he could of been a contender, he could of been somebody.

The goaline piles and short yardage piles will need to go....his basic running? He isn't taking hits doing it. Take out the short yardage plays and he probably runs near the same amount as an old version of Steve Young.

SF did not design an offense that required Young to become a RB. He was dangerous with his legs when the picket broke down.

Minimizing the shots Cam takes will prolong his career.

#107 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

SF did not design an offense that required Young to become a RB. He was dangerous with his legs when the picket broke down.

Minimizing the shots Cam takes will prolong his career.

If Cam was being used as a RB (excluding his short yardage work)....he would be taking hits. He isn't. He is taking advantage of a mismatch....even when run out of a read option.

So if he isn't taking shots (again I am talking about all his non shortage work)....how is not taking all those easy yards going to prolong his career.

I think they should go ahead and take him out of the short yardage work pending a game isn't on the line late.

#108 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,289 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, if only Steve Young would have stayed in the pocket he could of been a contender, he could of been somebody.

The goaline piles and short yardage piles will need to go....his basic running? He isn't taking hits doing it. Take out the short yardage plays and he probably runs near the same amount as an old version of Steve Young.

If you want to use examples, how about Vick and RG3 then? Just because Young was fortunate enough to avoid torn ACLs and concussions doesn't mean Cam will. Get that through your thick head. If Newton goes down on a run-designed play, then our season is lost and the fanbase will erupt in volcanic rage, and question the coaching staff for a bone-headed maneuver.

#109 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

If you want to use examples, how about Vick and RG3 then? Just because Young was fortunate enough to avoid torn ACLs and concussions doesn't mean Cam will. Get that through your thick head. If Newton goes down on a run-designed play, then our season is lost and the fanbase will erupt in volcanic rage, and question the coaching staff for a bone-headed maneuver.

Seriously? After two years of running the ball and running it well and the fanbase loving the hell out of it, you think the fanbase would be furious if Cam got hurt running the ball?

Ummmmm... no. You meant to say "Promethean Forerunner" would be furious, not "the fanbase".

#110 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Neither of them are built to be outside the pocket....that matters. But more importantly, most of their injuries have occurred as passer, in the pocket.

Our season is over if a poo G lets a defender through and they take out Newton's knee. Which seemed to be a legit risk every other play last year. At least as a runner, Cam can make a choice to engage in contact and he never does except in short yardage.

It's football. Poo happens. Cam has taken the most shots while in the pocket....not running. Coaches have been sure to point that out. RGIII popped his knee in the pocket. Vick gets knocked out of games all the time....in the pocket.

The Vick comparisons and RGIII comparisons just don't work....too many differences.

#111 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,746 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Them the front office will need to start showing it soon IMO.

Ted Ginn's, Murphy's, 1 yr Shockey rentals, Murphy's, and long term developmental lineman isn't really showing it

Long-term Developmental lineman? I think they will have an instant impact. And make our team better from the get-go. I agree we need to support Cam. And it sucks that He was left with this mess. If after next year's draft, FA we haven't given Cam help, I will rage with you.

Edit: the guard, get it. We'll see how that plays out.

#112 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,289 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Seriously? After two years of running the ball and running it well and the fanbase loving the hell out of it, you think the fanbase would be furious if Cam got hurt running the ball?

Ummmmm... no. You meant to say "Promethean Forerunner" would be furious, not "the fanbase".

Yes, because the Huddle is such a logical place. This coming from posters who praised G-Man when he was first hired and then turned on him immediately after the draft.

Fans always seek excuses, and if Cam suffers a season-ending surgery, quote me on it, it'll be the playcalling that'll be criticized.

We've got running backs (pretty damn good ones if you ask me), so let them be our rushing leaders, not Cam. It's damn shameful when your QB has more yards than your Pro-Bowl RBs do.

#113 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,289 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Neither of them are built to be outside the pocket....that matters. But more importantly, most of their injuries have occurred as passer, in the pocket.

Our season is over if a poo G lets a defender through and they take out Newton's knee. Which seemed to be a legit risk every other play last year. At least as a runner, Cam can make a choice to engage in contact and he never does except in short yardage.

It's football. Poo happens. Cam has taken the most shots while in the pocket....not running. Coaches have been sure to point that out. RGIII popped his knee in the pocket. Vick gets knocked out of games all the time....in the pocket.

The Vick comparisons and RGIII comparisons just don't work....too many differences.

No, there are no differences, just typical BS. If you want a more 'accurate' comparison, how's Big Ben doing these last couple of years? The Steelers drafted a QB this year because Big Ben seems to be hobbling into the playoffs every season nowadays.

You're right poo happens. We'll see if you feel that way when we're in the market for a protege five years from now because Cam's body can't withstand 16 games a season anymore.

#114 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

all I am saying is you draft 2 early DTs....NFL history shows odds aren't good you hit on 2 at that spot.

I think we've missed our fair share these last 10 years.

#115 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,305 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

DaCityKats, meet Bill Clinton.

Bill?... DaCityKats.

;)

morals man, morals.

#116 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

No, there are no differences, just typical BS. If you want a more 'accurate' comparison, how's Big Ben doing these last couple of years? The Steelers drafted a QB this year because Big Ben seems to be hobbling into the playoffs every season nowadays.

You're right poo happens. We'll see if you feel that way when we're in the market for a protege five years from now because Cam's body can't withstand 16 games a season anymore.

Let me get this straight, I would hate to misquote you.....you are saying three are no differences between Cam, Vick and RGIII

There no comparison to Cam. Big Ben gets beat up in the pocket....if he could run like Cam away from the abuse and make multiple types of plays..his health would likely be better.

#117 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes, because the Huddle is such a logical place. This coming from posters who praised G-Man when he was first hired and then turned on him immediately after the draft.

What the hell are you talking about? I love this draft.

#118 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

As long as there is a DB plan....I'm ok with strengthening the DTs.....the OL needs were addressed a little....the RB part baffles me...but if he is the runner they claim and the best position player in the 6th round...then so be it

#119 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I also try to let my bias be known...and Gettlemen never rubbed me right so I can admit I probably haven't done my homework on him like I do pieces of our franchise I an enthusiastic about. I kind of immediately have put him in the "not sure about this guy" category the moment I felt he was not "all in" on Cam.

From when he was first hired:

"There are a lot of great things in place here. You've got great ownership, a great young quarterback, a solid young head coach and plenty of other things to go along with it. I know some of the people in the personnel department that I’m excited to work with. It’s a good nucleus to begin with."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Gettleman-named-general-manager/0a0364a9-d7fa-4c6e-a7d8-9c40dc02131e

#120 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

it seems promethean forerunner is backed into a corner and is literally shitting out words to post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.