Photo
- - - - -

What did you see to support the claim our secondary improved over the course of last season?

Carolina Panthers

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,538 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'm telling you Mitchell is going to be a player this year. Gettlemen Pro Player evaluation skills mixed with the size & speed combination this guy has (6'1 215-217LB running a 4.46).  Add in the profootball focus breakdown and the better coaching he will get with us then he did with the raiders. I'm really getting a good vibe out of him.

good points.

i'm kind of feeling that way about pretty much everyone he's added, tho.

#62 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

I like how some of you think UDFA are going to be legendary starters. What ever gets you out of the bed in the mornings. 

#63 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,958 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

I like how some of you think UDFA are going to be legendary starters. What ever gets you out of the bed in the mornings.

Dude, Nakamura has spent years behind Ed Freaking Reed. I mean it is obvious you can't bench Reed but this dude is a legit S and as a bonus he is a special teams monster. Now he gets his chance to shine. Hurn-dog got us a steal...no worries.

Every year rejects and players their teams don't value come and people spend on offseason convincing themselves they are gonna be players. Teams don't just let players walk unless forced to....

#64 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

this is another case of where i didnt understand the LB and RB picks when there was decent talent at a position of need.but it wouldnt be a panther draft if we didnt take one or the other.

#65 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,958 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

this is another case of where i didnt understand the LB and RB picks when there was decent talent at a position of need.but it wouldnt be a panther draft if we didnt take one or the other.

Gettlemen was brought in to fix Hurney's mess. Those 2 picks are part of fixing it

#66 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Dude, Nakamura has spent years behind Ed Freaking Reed. I mean it is obvious you can't bench Reed but this dude is a legit S and as a bonus he is a special teams monster. Now he gets his chance to shine. Hurn-dog got us a steal...no worries.

Every year rejects and players their teams don't value come and people spend on offseason convincing themselves they are gonna be players. Teams don't just let players walk unless forced to....

Ed Reed was allowed to walk this season. great example.

#67 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,958 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Ed Reed was allowed to walk this season. great example.

Reed is a name. Ed Reed is washed up...you let players that you don't value what they can do on the field walk. Unless your hand is turned.

#68 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,538 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

i like how you think that thinking that some udfas might possibly be contributors means that they will be legendary starters.

#69 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Gettlemen was brought in to fix Hurney's mess. Those 2 picks are part of fixing it

there fixes are already the roster.

#70 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

i like how you think that thinking that some udfas might possibly be contributors means that they will be legendary starters.

I seent it. I felted it. Wat u did there.

#71 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Reed is a name. Ed Reed is washed up...you let players that you don't value what they can do on the field walk. Unless your hand is turned.

This is why mostly the offseason is crap. Ask the Blue Jays about the throw always from the Marlins this year as they are in last place. There's a reason someone ain't on that team, and maybe it's 10% of the time they can't afford them. Someone is a cap casualty b/c their pay outweighs their productivity.

#72 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,958 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

there fixes are already the roster.

Who?

#73 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Who?

Tolbert, Smith, Poole, Blackburn, Senn, Houge, Williams. also lets not  act like RB and LB are not easy positions to fill.

#74 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,958 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Tolbert, Smith, Poole, Blackburn, Senn, Houge, Williams. also lets not act like RB and LB are not easy positions to fill.

They are easy positions to fill....in the draft. They are long term solutions that project to be more talented than any of those mentioned.

If they where fixes....Gettlemen wouldn't of had find fixes to the mess. Those would have been lower tier bandaids.

#75 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

They are easy positions to fill....in the draft. They are long term solutions that project to be more talented than any of those mentioned.

If they where fixes....Gettlemen wouldn't of had find fixes to the mess. Those would have been lower tier bandaids.

lets not kid ourselves, they are easy fixes in the draft, FA, or any route to obtain players. he did decide to bring back 2 LBs, and brought Blackburn in. gave Tolbert the extra year on his deal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com