Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Rivera seem happier?

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

if you were a coach and had two losing seasons in a row in your first two years of coaching and still managed to not get fired you'd be happy as well.

Uhhhh aren't most coaches taking over bottom feeder teams given 3-4 years?  I mean the expectations for Rivera are quite higher than most new coaches simply because he drafted Cam Newton.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Im starting to form the opinion Hurney wasn't working with Rivera very much.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Very strange because I got the opposite vibe... like Rivera is going to be inder the microscope.... and DG can do NO wrong.... but getting the two big men, (refuse to use that stupid term), any coach is going to be happy. PS. DG looks like the Penguin.. nasty.

Posted · Report post

Very strange because I got the opposite vibe... like Rivera is going to be inder the microscope.... and DG can do NO wrong.... but getting the two big men, (refuse to use that stupid term), any coach is going to be happy. PS. DG looks like the Penguin.. nasty.

I got the opposite as well. Especially from the presser after the Short pick. Almost as if his opinion didn't matter.

Posted · Report post

I feel he's more laid back and seems to have a better relationship with Gettleman. 

Posted · Report post

Gettleman is running shit in the front office while Rivera gets to focus on Football Players and schemes.  Not only that he is probably able to communicate in the ultra militaristic football guy fashion to DG and vice versa.  These two may end up making a pretty good team.  I think DG probably respects RR and his football roots. It's really hard to ignore the path Rivera has taken to this point and his success at the coaching level.  Its been a little rough here, but good things are coming.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Gettleman is running poo in the front office while Rivera gets to focus on Football Players and schemes.  Not only that he is probably able to communicate in the ultra militaristic football guy fashion to DG and vice versa.  These two may end up making a pretty good team.  I think DG probably respects RR and his football roots. It's really hard to ignore the path Rivera has taken to this point and his success at the coaching level.  Its been a little rough here, but good things are coming.

Fans been talking shit for a lot of years now in the off season.  Show me

Posted · Report post

He did seem happier to me, I assumed that's because he was working with/for a GM who is willing to listen and take action on more of his input.

There was a comment made in the presser about how the position coaches had a chance to provide input on the prospects and apparently they didn't before... Gettleman also said something along the lines of drafting a player the coaches didn't believe was a good scheme fit and Gettleman's take was it doesn't matter how good the prospect is if the coaches don't believe the player is a good scheme fit... lots of reading between the lines in those pressers. 

Sounds like Hurney wasn't interested in the position coaches input and drafted the players he wanted to draft regardless of whether or not the coaching staff thought those players were a good scheme fit.... Seems like common sense to me that a GM would consider scheme fit and it may explain some of our struggles in the draft under Hurney. 

I'm really feeling good about Gettleman and Rivera being able to get things going here, sounds like they are much closer and communicate much better than Rivera/Hurney did. 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Put it this way; would you rather work with somebody who is like-minded or somebody who isn't?  These two guys could go to the bar and shoot the poo about football for hours. Marty was an idiot.

Posted · Report post

http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3u6dhp/

...I can't figure out how to post this pic from the cell phone....but my first attempt at a meme!

qm.gif

Can't post images from movile devices, I'm pretty sure.  Anyway, I can never get pics from that site to work on this site anyway.  Something to do with the code I imagine.

Posted · Report post

Fans been talking poo for a lot of years now in the off season. Show me

How the hell can I show you? My post was full of I thinks and maybes. I'm hoping for a different result than last season just like the other 30 teams that didn't win it all. I'm talking no shit I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping this group can be special.