Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Does Rivera seem happier?

39 posts in this topic

Ron seems about the same to me..

Maybe we are just use "in season Ron", the guy who almost wins each week, and is out of the hunt by week 10. In season Ron deals with almost weekly disappointment until the games haven't mattered. I have always thought he was very positive heading in

He looked pretty happy in those pics in the Pro-Am, as well.

He sure do

if you were a coach and had two losing seasons in a row in your first two years of coaching and still managed to not get fired you'd be happy as well.

Uhhhh aren't most coaches taking over bottom feeder teams given 3-4 years?  I mean the expectations for Rivera are quite higher than most new coaches simply because he drafted Cam Newton.

1 person likes this

Im starting to form the opinion Hurney wasn't working with Rivera very much.

2 people like this

Very strange because I got the opposite vibe... like Rivera is going to be inder the microscope.... and DG can do NO wrong.... but getting the two big men, (refuse to use that stupid term), any coach is going to be happy. PS. DG looks like the Penguin.. nasty.

Very strange because I got the opposite vibe... like Rivera is going to be inder the microscope.... and DG can do NO wrong.... but getting the two big men, (refuse to use that stupid term), any coach is going to be happy. PS. DG looks like the Penguin.. nasty.

I got the opposite as well. Especially from the presser after the Short pick. Almost as if his opinion didn't matter.

I feel he's more laid back and seems to have a better relationship with Gettleman. 

Gettleman is running poo in the front office while Rivera gets to focus on Football Players and schemes.  Not only that he is probably able to communicate in the ultra militaristic football guy fashion to DG and vice versa.  These two may end up making a pretty good team.  I think DG probably respects RR and his football roots. It's really hard to ignore the path Rivera has taken to this point and his success at the coaching level.  Its been a little rough here, but good things are coming.

1 person likes this

Gettleman is running poo in the front office while Rivera gets to focus on Football Players and schemes.  Not only that he is probably able to communicate in the ultra militaristic football guy fashion to DG and vice versa.  These two may end up making a pretty good team.  I think DG probably respects RR and his football roots. It's really hard to ignore the path Rivera has taken to this point and his success at the coaching level.  Its been a little rough here, but good things are coming.

Fans been talking poo for a lot of years now in the off season.  Show me