Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated. Need Suggestion for Yard Work.

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Trying to buy a new lawn mower right now as a matter of fact.

Posted

I prefer to write the check to my lawn service......

Doing my part to keep unemployment down. 

Posted

I prefer to write the check to my lawn service......

Doing my part to keep unemployment down. 

Me too, but the jerks aren't cutting it regularly. Its almost a foot tall now.

First world problems...

Posted

What do you guys pay for lawn service?

Posted

I grow a lot of clover/dollar weed so I may need some weed, feed, and seed consultation as well. Although I would like to maintain it.

Posted

i love yard work. i can't wait to buy my piece of property so i can have acres to deal with

Posted

What do you guys pay for lawn service?

I pay $50 a time for my grass to be mowed (just over an acre), the ditch bank and other areas to be weedeated, and the driveway to be edged and blown off.

Have that done about every couple weeks, so like $100 a month... It was $40 each time up until this year...

Posted

I grow a lot of clover/dollar weed so I may need some weed, feed, and seed consultation as well. Although I would like to maintain it.

I am starting to try to work on my yard, and am still looking for a grass feed, and weed killer that will work for centipede.

Having a bit of a hard time honestly.

Posted

I do my 1/3 of an acre with this

d7d40f5c-b3af-40e4-aa0b-ae2d5f9350e7_300

ya, my last place was about 2.5 acres of grass to cut...I did it once with a push mower like that when my old ride-on was broke.  As soon as I was done I was in the truck to the store to buy the Country Clipper!!!

she's bad ass....52" , triple blade deck and I seem to recall a 28HP engine...throw on the bagger with the blower in it and I can make any lawn look professional in minutes, although I usually operate with the mulch blades and don't bag!

Posted

I pay $50 a time for my grass to be mowed (just over an acre), the ditch bank and other areas to be weedeated, and the driveway to be edged and blown off.

Have that done about every couple weeks, so like $100 a month... It was $40 each time up until this year...

Cool. We pay $140/mo for 42 weeks. Includes seeding, fertilization, weeding etc.

I think that is pretty standard.

Posted

Cool. We pay $140/mo for 42 weeks. Includes seeding, fertilization, weeding etc.

I think that is pretty standard.

That isn't bad, actually... The dude that does mine is actually a state trooper who just does this yard work on the side for the extra money... He doesn't do any seeding or fertilizing, and basically just handles the general cutting/trimming/edging and the subsequent cleanup.

Posted

That isn't bad, actually... The dude that does mine is actually a state trooper who just does this yard work on the side for the extra money... He doesn't do any seeding or fertilizing, and basically just handles the general cutting/trimming/edging and the subsequent cleanup.

Oh yeah thing I love is that they get rid of all the leaves in the fall.

I hate doing that