#31 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

What do you guys pay for lawn service?

I pay $50 a time for my grass to be mowed (just over an acre), the ditch bank and other areas to be weedeated, and the driveway to be edged and blown off.

Have that done about every couple weeks, so like $100 a month... It was $40 each time up until this year...

#32 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I grow a lot of clover/dollar weed so I may need some weed, feed, and seed consultation as well. Although I would like to maintain it.

I am starting to try to work on my yard, and am still looking for a grass feed, and weed killer that will work for centipede.

Having a bit of a hard time honestly.

#33 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I do my 1/3 of an acre with this

d7d40f5c-b3af-40e4-aa0b-ae2d5f9350e7_300

ya, my last place was about 2.5 acres of grass to cut...I did it once with a push mower like that when my old ride-on was broke.  As soon as I was done I was in the truck to the store to buy the Country Clipper!!!

she's bad ass....52" , triple blade deck and I seem to recall a 28HP engine...throw on the bagger with the blower in it and I can make any lawn look professional in minutes, although I usually operate with the mulch blades and don't bag!

#34 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,167 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

I pay $50 a time for my grass to be mowed (just over an acre), the ditch bank and other areas to be weedeated, and the driveway to be edged and blown off.

Have that done about every couple weeks, so like $100 a month... It was $40 each time up until this year...

Cool. We pay $140/mo for 42 weeks. Includes seeding, fertilization, weeding etc.

I think that is pretty standard.

#35 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Cool. We pay $140/mo for 42 weeks. Includes seeding, fertilization, weeding etc.

I think that is pretty standard.

That isn't bad, actually... The dude that does mine is actually a state trooper who just does this yard work on the side for the extra money... He doesn't do any seeding or fertilizing, and basically just handles the general cutting/trimming/edging and the subsequent cleanup.

#36 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,167 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

That isn't bad, actually... The dude that does mine is actually a state trooper who just does this yard work on the side for the extra money... He doesn't do any seeding or fertilizing, and basically just handles the general cutting/trimming/edging and the subsequent cleanup.

Oh yeah thing I love is that they get rid of all the leaves in the fall.

I hate doing that

#37 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,285 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

My fiancé loves doing yard work. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

#38 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

she likes getting dirty!!!!

#39 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,579 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

My fiancé loves doing yard work. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

can I rent your fiance for awhile?

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

What do you guys pay for lawn service?

I have a service that I pay year-round....$109 a month (but pay all 12 months).

That includes everything.  They aerate and overseed in the spring.....cut every week during the growing season (spring, summer, fall)....cut when needed during the non growing season (if it gets warm later in the season or earlier in the spring)....fertilize about 5 times a year and puts down weed treatment several times a year.

I priced out the fertilizer, aerator rental, and weed killer if I did it myself....I am actually paying pretty little for the actual work.  Well worth it to me.

#41 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

You get the best effect for aeration and overseed when its done in the fall.  Just sayin'

#42 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,167 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

I have a service that I pay year-round....$109 a month (but pay all 12 months).

That includes everything.  They aerate and overseed in the spring.....cut every week during the growing season (spring, summer, fall)....cut when needed during the non growing season (if it gets warm later in the season or earlier in the spring)....fertilize about 5 times a year and puts down weed treatment several times a year.

I priced out the fertilizer, aerator rental, and weed killer if I did it myself....I am actually paying pretty little for the actual work.  Well worth it to me.

That's a good deal. Mine works out to $140/mo for the same services.

#43 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

Price depends on the size of the yard and more importantly how many & how big the trees are. Trees = leaves. And getting leaves up in the fall is way more labor intensive than cutting grass.  Once you have the yard in good condition cutting edging and trimming every week is not all that hard. If you have the right equipment and know how.

And I love people who hate yard work,   great supplemental income

#44 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

I grow a lot of clover/dollar weed so I may need some weed, feed, and seed consultation as well. Although I would like to maintain it.

Couple bottles of weed-b- gone from lowes. The type you hook up to hose pipe , these work very good. I use them every year on a bunch of yards  cost you $20,  or you can call tru\green-- chem\lawn and they will charge you $125 for the same stuff sprayed out of a big tank sprayer.

2\4D is what kills the broadleaf plants and want harm the grass as long as you do it before it gets into the 90s

#45 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I am starting to try to work on my yard, and am still looking for a grass feed, and weed killer that will work for centipede.

Having a bit of a hard time honestly.

Ironite now.

15-0-15 slow release when it gets warmer, but not during a drought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com