63 replies to this topic

#61 TheAmericanDream

TheAmericanDream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Like I said. Anyone serious about getting a premier looking lawn should go to a local landscaping supply store and get a recommended care schedule for their grass type growing in their area. Soil types will vary as well as seed types and climates.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed!

#62 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Mine looks like poo too. Get some spray weed control, fertilize, don't cut it really short, and water it.

Do you try to use roundup type spray or something that you spray all over the yard?

I put down weed and feed in the back yard and got the in ground irrigation working, and it's doing much better than the front.

Backyard is probably 75/25 grass to weed, but front is 50/50 with huge chunks of weeds.

I am trying to be patient, but it's killing me.

#63 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,330 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Centipede is just slow cuz it's runners are above ground. If you've got the dough then till it up and put zoysia sod down. That's what is at the entrance of Brunswick forest in the medians and such. It's really nice.

#64 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Centipede is just slow cuz it's runners are above ground. If you've got the dough then till it up and put zoysia sod down. That's what is at the entrance of Brunswick forest in the medians and such. It's really nice.

Gotcha.  Didn't really want to drop a couple thousand, but if I can't get it under control this summer that's probably what I will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.