Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little background on AJ Klein...

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Loved the pick myself (especially with TD/Beason's health concerns).  Fully expect him to make an impact whether it be next year or down the road. 

Posted · Report post

I find it difficult to be critical of the pick myself - considering that we might need a LB if one of our two oft-injured projected starters has an injury bug relapse.  I liked what I was of him when I was watching highlights and I'm glad to hear the kind of endorsement Iowa State fans have given.

Posted · Report post

His success will have a lot to do with Beason. Beason has to show that he can stay healthy, play well at the Will AND take a pay cut this offseason. If he doesn't do all three of those things I think Mr. Klein will be starting next season.

I do look forward to seeing him on ST's this season.

Posted · Report post

His success will have a lot to do with Beason. Beason has to show that he can stay healthy, play well at the Will AND take a pay cut this offseason. If he doesn't do all three of those things I think Mr. Klein will be starting next season.

I do look forward to seeing him on ST's this season.

My thoughts exactly

Posted · Report post

I wasn't really against our draft it's just funny as hell that we drafted another LB/RB

that my first reaction, but then I realized when 2 of your biggest cap hits that aren't earning their value need to become expendable, fans will come around to the idea if a 5th and 6th rounder are able to replace Beason and DWill...

Posted · Report post

I loved the pick.

With Beason moving to the outside and having such a huge salary, I see him gone after next year (or he takes a pay cut)

As far as Kenjon.....DWill should ge gone now with Stewart and Tolbert on the roster.  Barner easily provides the change of pace back that compliments them both.  Barner does not "replace" DWill.....but he is a piece that helps compensate for him when he is gone.

Posted · Report post

When he was Big 12 Co-Defense POY, the other player was Frank Alexander :)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I was skimming through Sports Illustrated today and came across an article that listed the top 10 draft prospects that will go in day 3 but deserve to go higher (obviously, this was written before the draft).

Barner (listed as #1) and Klein were 2 of the 10 listed.

Posted · Report post

Nice.

Posted · Report post

Have you always been a Panthers fan or are you now a Panthers fan because of Klein?

Sidenote: I'm not trying to say anything, just purely curious because it says you're new. 

Posted · Report post

Have you always been a Panthers fan or are you now a Panthers fan because of Klein?

Sidenote: I'm not trying to say anything, just purely curious because it says you're new. 

To be completely honest I'm a Bills fan and a Carolina fan.  I grew up being a Bills fan due to Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, and Thurman Thomas.  Then the Carolina Panthers became a team and since my sister lives in Charlotte I've been able to go to a couple of games and have been rooting for them ever since.  Being in different divisions is a blessing, but I honestly don't know who I'll root for on September 15th!!!