#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

His success will have a lot to do with Beason. Beason has to show that he can stay healthy, play well at the Will AND take a pay cut this offseason. If he doesn't do all three of those things I think Mr. Klein will be starting next season.

I do look forward to seeing him on ST's this season.

My thoughts exactly

#18 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,108 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I wasn't really against our draft it's just funny as hell that we drafted another LB/RB

that my first reaction, but then I realized when 2 of your biggest cap hits that aren't earning their value need to become expendable, fans will come around to the idea if a 5th and 6th rounder are able to replace Beason and DWill...

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

I loved the pick.

With Beason moving to the outside and having such a huge salary, I see him gone after next year (or he takes a pay cut)

As far as Kenjon.....DWill should ge gone now with Stewart and Tolbert on the roster.  Barner easily provides the change of pace back that compliments them both.  Barner does not "replace" DWill.....but he is a piece that helps compensate for him when he is gone.

#20 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

When he was Big 12 Co-Defense POY, the other player was Frank Alexander :)

#21 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I was skimming through Sports Illustrated today and came across an article that listed the top 10 draft prospects that will go in day 3 but deserve to go higher (obviously, this was written before the draft).

Barner (listed as #1) and Klein were 2 of the 10 listed.

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Nice.

#23 MCC

MCC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Have you always been a Panthers fan or are you now a Panthers fan because of Klein?

Sidenote: I'm not trying to say anything, just purely curious because it says you're new. 

#24 cyfan964

cyfan964

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Have you always been a Panthers fan or are you now a Panthers fan because of Klein?

Sidenote: I'm not trying to say anything, just purely curious because it says you're new. 

To be completely honest I'm a Bills fan and a Carolina fan.  I grew up being a Bills fan due to Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, and Thurman Thomas.  Then the Carolina Panthers became a team and since my sister lives in Charlotte I've been able to go to a couple of games and have been rooting for them ever since.  Being in different divisions is a blessing, but I honestly don't know who I'll root for on September 15th!!!

#25 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,108 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

To be completely honest I'm a Bills fan and a Carolina fan.  I grew up being a Bills fan due to Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, and Thurman Thomas.  Then the Carolina Panthers became a team and since my sister lives in Charlotte I've been able to go to a couple of games and have been rooting for them ever since.  Being in different divisions is a blessing, but I honestly don't know who I'll root for on September 15th!!!

the arrow is pointing up for the Panthers..  I'm not so sure Buffalo even has an arrow.  I think it was sold on ebay to the lowest bidder.

#26 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

My friends are Cylcone fans, so I end up watching a lot of games. I was actually pretty excited when we picked him.

#27 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,700 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Was always a huge fan of the Fizer/Tinsley eras at ISU.

Welcome, and hope you stay on the board through the season!  Meaningful insight on the huddle is usually hard to come by.

#28 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Is he Dan Connor?

Solid depth, but not quite fast enough to be a quality starter.

I will be stoked if that's the case, and if he can start, I will be happier than most have seen me on here.

#29 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Lots of depth at LB. I feel veeeeery comfortable with the front 7 spots not just THE front 7.

this dude is gonna be a fuggin animal on ST's. . bet

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Iowa State fan here to give you guys a little bit of background info on AJ Klein.

I know a lot of you on here were questioning the pick up of AJ and I completely get it. I agree that the Panthers probably had other holes that needed to be filled, but I honestly think the Panthers thought AJ was the best available... and he very well may have been.

He was the rock of our LB'ing core for 3 years. As a sophmore he had 111 tackles, 116 as a junior, and 117 as a senior. Those are some pretty impressive numbers with the competition of the B12. He also had 5 INT's in his career, 4 of which he took to the house. He's got above average speed and he is very smart. I don't know that I ever saw him completely blow a coverage or take a bad route to the ball. Our special teams was weak for a couple years of his career so he filled in as a freshman and sophomore. Most of his sophomore year he played full time defense AND special teams. He was also co-defensive player of the B12.

He came out of Wisconsin and played with a chip on his shoulder at ISU because Wisconsin didn't offer him a scholarship. He went on to be one of the best LBers in the B12 and one of the best ever at ISU. Now people are questioning why he was taken and that just gives him something else as motivation.

Just so you guys know you got a hell of a teammate, a leader, and a workhorse. You may be questioning the pick now, but you'll get it come football season. This guy will give you everything he has, every play, whether it be on defense or special teams. You also now have about 45,000 Cyclone fans that will be cheering for the Panthers every Sunday.

I loved the pick.
I remember watching the Iowa State vs Oklahoma State game last year against Weeden and Blackmon. That was a big overtime upset game that took OSU out at a shot at the BCS Championship game. Klein was a guy that kept popping up in my eyes.

Im very glad we landed Klein and was so mad that we couldn't get Leonard Johnson who went undrafted to the Bucs and had 3ints in his rookie year. I was reasonably high of Johnson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.