46 replies to this topic

#16 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the post. He looks like a big, strong guard. If he can develop into a decent young starter, this whole offensive line looks alot better going forward.

#17 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,553 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for the post and vids Rayzor. I did about an hour search on him after he was drafted and heard the same things you described. Very excited about him. Heard his interview with the Panthers and looked at his twitter. The guy wants to be a winner. I have no doubt he will work as hard as he can to be the best that he can.

#18 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,553 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Also my buddy played guard at Carson-Newman, I'll see if he has heard of him.

#19 bab270

bab270

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

one of the david dean shows. typical small college football show.

Was enjoying it and then I got to 6:51 to 7:06 where he held 3 straight plays haha

#20 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Seen the championship game since they where playing my university and he stood out.wssu tried twist, stunts, changing gaps before snap and they just where not successful. Mind you to that more d2 schools are getting athletes from d1 schools so he did face some guys.

I think he wins the rg spot as well.

#21 Krucid

Krucid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Guy has a massive reach. That will be a big plus for him. I expect he will be starter sooner rather than later.

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Was enjoying it and then I got to 6:51 to 7:06 where he held 3 straight plays haha

yep. that's where some of the "raw"ness comes in.

going to be a good bit more of that his first year or two. part of being a rookie OL, tho. in over your head for a little while.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

It is hilarious how the defense just gives up trying to rush on his side so he runs around looking for someone to maul. It was also funny in the first clip when the defense intercepts a pass and on the return number 70 is just about to make a tackle and the returner just flings himself on the ground to avoid the hit, (smart guy).

yeah, i almost felt bad for the LBs he found to hit. it just didn't seem like he was happy until he hit someone.

#24 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

There's videos made me warm up to the pick alot more, like the fact that he won't be making a position switch like amini did so the learning curve shouldn't be as big

#25 Krucid

Krucid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

There's videos made me warm up to the pick alot more, like the fact that he won't be making a position switch like amini did so the learning curve shouldn't be as big

Agreed, he will continue doing what he knows and that will make a huge difference. He is already comfortable at guard so i expect he will make the NFL transition a little faster than Amini.

#26 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

He mauled the whole right side of the line, to the point where the QB had time to fumble the ball, have the RB pick it up, and proceed to walk in the end zone untouched. LOL Wow

#27 panthermonium

panthermonium

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

My one reservation (just like I had with silatolu) is the level of competition jump.

The other thing would be picking up the playbook.

Otherwise, I very much like what I see.

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,633 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I'll continue to play devil's advocate with the usual caveat that I will be screaming louder than anyone if he is pancaking people.

And good analysis Rayzor.

But he dominated against schools that are just about the dregs of college football. Small private schools with undersized and non athletic linebackers.

Here is a team that BEAT Valdosta State.

http://www.uwaathlet...?path=football

They are literally playing some 5-10 guys and 180 lb guys on the front 7.

Here is who he will be guarding come September:

osi-umenyiora.jpg

3 year project? Sure.

Starting next year? We have issues.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

good point.

i think the fact that amini was an OT was what got him a bit more attention and hyped up before the draft which was why he went earlier. kugbila just being a guard, tho, wasn't going to get much attention, even if he was/is more ready than amini to start.

#30 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

From his interview he played around 340lbs when he was playing RG and he has good bottom girth to stand against bull rushes (which was Hangartner main issue)........I think with rookie camp and OTA he will develop and he will pick up some good techniques  and i'm betting my money that he is our starting RG ......He plays to our strength where we will return to the Power run game which he won't have problem with.......he may struggle with pass rush but with Kalil back by his side he will learn to adjust to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com