Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Step in the Rebuilding Project...

39 posts in this topic

Posted

A "big, max level" FA has a different meaning in Charlotte. They're going to have to overpay for a mid level guy. No elite OR even top level FA is going to come here.

On a side note - should have never got rid of Ray Felton.

Why exactly would you want Felton on this team?  So he can take minutes away from Kemba, or so we can play a really small lineup with two 6 footers?

I love Felton, but he is approaching 30 and the last time he played on a shitty team (Portland), he didnt even bother getting in shape

Posted

A "big, max level" FA has a different meaning in Charlotte. They're going to have to overpay for a mid level guy. No elite OR even top level FA is going to come here.

On a side note - should have never got rid of Ray Felton.

Ok, I understand it now.

But, hell to Felton. The dude was terrible here.

Hes a fat average PG at best. He never went on and did anything wonderful until now being put on a talented Knicks team.

Posted

Felton is one of the best players in team history

Posted

Felton was a pretty good PG here. He was never an elite PG or anything, but I definitely feel confident in saying that he made a positive impact on the team. Kemba is definitely the better PG though, and that's not really even debatable. 

Posted

if we take Nerlens in the draft, and he isn't available till mid-season, we should still be bad enough

keep a top 6 lotto pick.

Posted

Not gonna lie, if we win the lotto and get Noel it sets the team up perfectly to tank next year.  You can act like you addressed the team's complete lack of big men with the draft even though he wont be playing when the season starts, so you suck next year then the following year you have another top pick, a full season of Noel, and you make fans forget about 3 straight terrible seasons by calling yourselves the "Hornets"

Posted

Well, I've got some bad news about the last 82 games for you...

Make that the last 164 games...

Posted

if we take Nerlens in the draft, and he isn't available till mid-season, we should still be bad enough

keep a top 6 lotto pick.

I would love that scenario...

Posted

Make that the last 164 games...

Thanks to the lockout, its actually only 148

Always look on the bright side I guess

Posted

Thanks to the lockout, its actually only 148

Always look on the bright side I guess

Touche' sir... Forgot about the lockout season.

Posted

Not gonna lie, if we win the lotto and get Noel it sets the team up perfectly to tank next year. You can act like you addressed the team's complete lack of big men with the draft even though he wont be playing when the season starts, so you suck next year then the following year you have another top pick, a full season of Noel, and you make fans forget about 3 straight terrible seasons by calling yourselves the "Hornets"

Lol agree.

But I would not mind a McLemore (2013) and Julius Randle (2014) combo.

Though, a Noel and Wiggins/Parker is more intriguing. The only thing with this is, where would MKG play?

Posted

You don't tank, if there are players there that you feel fit the system and team for the right price you get them. There are way too many draft bust to base your future on tanking and losing respect of fans and players.