Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Promethean Forerunner

Sammy Watkins, 2014.

60 posts in this topic

no he didn't... lee was unquestionably the best receiver in college ball this past year and watkins had a major dropoff from his freshman year. lee improved after an already impressive freshman year.

The hate for the kid based on the helmet he wears is ridiculous to the point that 708 yards and three touchdowns is stealing the show from a kid who put up 1721 receiving yards and 14 tds, and almost 2700 all purpose yards.....Yep, Watkins sure did steal the show from Marqise Lee....

Watkins was injured part of last year and part of the reason Hopkins did so well was because Watkins drew so much attention from opposing defenses.

Watkins was injured part of last year and part of the reason Hopkins did so well was because Watkins drew so much attention from opposing defenses.

Just like Lee drew safety help almost every snap at USC and still put up 1721....

I want you guys to remember wanting a WR so when we don't draft one next year....again. You won't give me poo for criticizing it.

Man, were just going to keep kicking the can down the road. I doubt we'll be in position to get any of these top notch, Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones/AJ Green esque WRs coming out next year. Plus, with Gross getting up there in age, we need to start looking at LT prospects. Instead of taking 2 damn DTs, we should've took a shot at one of these WRs this year in the 2nd. I think this years class of WRs will be a good group, plus we're gonna prob take one in the 2nd next year anyways. These guys are so enamoured with the next megatron or AJ Green, knowing we prob will never be in position to take one.

Part of the criticism is that there were no number 1 receivers in this draft like Julio Jones or AJ Greene. You can't draft what isn't there. And you shouldn't when you can get a starter like Star and a future starter like Short. Any receiver we picked this year would likely be the 4th or 5th best receiver on the team behind Smith, LaFell and Hixon.

This is utterly retarded.

"LYK zomg there are no once in a decade blue chip prospects there! Don't draft any of them!!!!"

1 person likes this

The thing is Watkins will have Boyd back as his QB in 2013. Lee won't have Woods or Barkley back to him help. We'll see who has more impact this upcoming season.

Lee may be the one slippin, not Watkins. Considering what I've seen from Woods being highly regarded to falling into the 2nd rd, I wouldn't rule out that Lee could possibly slip out the top10-15 when all is done.

The thing is Watkins will have Boyd back as his QB in 2013. Lee won't have Woods or Barkley back to him help. We'll see who has more impact this upcoming season.

Lee may be the one slippin, not Watkins. Considering what I've seen from Woods being highly regarded to falling into the 2nd rd, I wouldn't rule out that Lee could possibly slip out the top10-15 when all is done.

It comes down to QB play, because Nelson Agholor will command plenty of attention for USC....

It comes down to QB play, because Nelson Agholor will command plenty of attention for USC....

Let's hope so

Physicialy, Lee and Woods are on two planets. I hope he does fall.

Man, were just going to keep kicking the can down the road. I doubt we'll be in position to get any of these top notch, Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones/AJ Green esque WRs coming out next year. Plus, with Gross getting up there in age, we need to start looking at LT prospects. Instead of taking 2 damn DTs, we should've took a shot at one of these WRs this year in the 2nd. I think this years class of WRs will be a good group, plus we're gonna prob take one in the 2nd next year anyways. These guys are so enamoured with the next megatron or AJ Green, knowing we prob will never be in position to take one.

Exactly and please lets not forget that ATL traded up to get Julio. I hate that sit back and take whoever is there mentality. I would have rather we traded back into the first round to get Hopkins then draft Short in the 2nd. Or at least trade into the 3rd to get Allen instead of going back to the fuging hotel room after drafting Short that poo is ridiculous.