Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Semi interesting fluff article from Utah site about Panthers' pick of Star

39 posts in this topic

Posted

the window was closing, that much was clear.

all that was was a diversion, but that playoff was a "we were what i thought we were" denny green moment for me.

i somewhat agree with this... the window was starting to close.

for the 2008 season my worry lied in the fact that we sucked on the road.... then playoffs come around and we get spanked by the arizona fuging cardinals at home.

as for your dislike of rivera and shula: the rivera hate is warranted, he has fuged up several times and it seems like he just doesn't have it. it's too early to tell for shula, though.

Posted

You should read what hatter writes in the tinderbox if you think he's a beacon for optimism

yeah, I've been around enough to know better. it makes me laugh when he starts on one of those "you shouldn't be  negative" jags.

Posted

i somewhat agree with this... the window was starting to close.

for the 2008 season my worry lied in the fact that we sucked on the road.... then playoffs come around and we get spanked by the arizona fuging cardinals at home.

as for your dislike of rivera and shula: the rivera hate is warranted, he has fuged up several times and it seems like he just doesn't have it. it's too early to tell for shula, though.

it's hard to feel good about someone you didn't want to have the job because he had a proven track record of failure and no track record of success and then he gets the job. I'm not going to turn that off just because he got the job. it's up to him to prove he's not the failure he was in the past.

i hope he's not, I've just seen nothing to make me feel better about it other than people like him and his defenders saying that it's been a long time since he failed to which i will always respond with when was the last time he succeeded calling plays and running he offense? and why hasn't he been given other opportunities?

the only thing that will make me not think it wasn't a good hire is what that offense does on the field.