Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Thank You Geno!

Best Answer RelaxImaPro, 01 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I like Geno. I think he will be a pretty good QB. But I'm thankful that he will take away a lot of the media crap from Cam.

Yeah, can't argue with that logic.  "Better you than me" or so they say... but I'm sure the media can find a way to spread out their weekly quota of undeserved hate among the chosen few QBs.

I can't form an opinion on Geno without him actually giving me a reason not to like him. We all know how the media can spin things to their liking, hell Cam is our QB for God's sake. Casting stones at the kid now would pretty any of us that's defended Cam hypocrites... we don't know why he fired his agent.

For what it's worth, I think Jay Cutler and Tony Romo catch a lot of undeserved crap too, but I still hate the Cowboys and Bears.

Glad you quoted me so I could fix that gem of a line.  Lol, I must've derped the fug out when I typed that.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

It might be the gold chains, gold rimmed sunglasses he wore and his pouty mood when he wasn't selected in the first round. Apparently fired his agent over it.

But i would be upset to if i listened to all the pundits saying i could be picked as high as second overall and dropped to the third round.

Round 2 pick 39.

#32 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,141 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Round 2 pick 39.

good call. drunken haze.

#33 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

good call. drunken haze.

He was projected higher than he was worth due to the weak QB class overall, still for someone who is about to be a millionaire I don't think he has room to bitch although I could care less he dosn't seem like a bad kid.

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,141 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

He was projected higher than he was worth due to the weak QB class overall, still for someone who is about to be a millionaire I don't think he has room to bitch although I could care less he dosn't seem like a bad kid.

agreed.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

I'm a big Geno Smith fan, and have been or a while.

That said, it's not a huge stretch to see how someone could view some of his behavior surrounding the draft as a tad petulant, like a child throwing a tantrum.

Truth be told though, every single draft sees guys get picked lower - sometimes way lower - than they believe they deserve. And a pretty good number of them afterward make statements about how they won't forget it, how they'll make the team's that passed on them regret it, etc etc. Generally speaking, nobody makes that big a deal over it.

So yeah, he's probably being a little immature about it, but he's still a college kid and it's par for the course with this event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.