Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

2013 Wells Fargo Championship

58 posts in this topic

Starts tomorrow...

Anybody going?

I'm spectating tomorrow and will be marshalling on #5 Friday and Saturday. Stop by and see me if you're there.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Crowds will probably be smaller since Tiger isn't coming...

quail-hollow-17th_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a

Friday. Had tickets to Saturday but I have to work.

mr t im sure you saw my response on tix? sorry man

Going today. Interested to see how bad 8, 9, and 10 greens look.

Going today. Interested to see how bad 8, 9, and 10 greens look.

Is there a problem with them?

We're probably heading over about lunch... and probably going to sit on the back today.

Is there a problem with them?

We're probably heading over about lunch... and probably going to sit on the back today.

The greens are terrible from what they say. 9 players showed up and left because they were in such bad shape. I think I heard names like Ian Poulter, Vijay Singh, etc. took their clubs and went home. They had to tear up and resod a couple greens just two weeks ago because they weren't playable.  It's a shame that they have done such a great job with this tournament for a decade and now they have this black eye so to speak on them.

The greens are terrible from what they say. 9 players showed up and left because they were in such bad shape. I think I heard names like Ian Poulter, Vijay Singh, etc. took their clubs and went home. They had to tear up and resod a couple greens just two weeks ago because they weren't playable.  It's a shame that they have done such a great job with this tournament for a decade and now they have this black eye so to speak on them.

We just found an article about this... unbelievable.

That course has always been in such good shape, that's a shame.

WTF happened?

In other news, there's a lot of talk about moving the tourney to Eagle Point in Wilmington in 2017. You can't imagine how much we will love that.

We just found an article about this... unbelievable.

That course has always been in such good shape, that's a shame.

WTF happened?

In other news, there's a lot of talk about moving the tourney to Eagle Point in Wilmington in 2017. You can't imagine how much we will love that.

They are switching from bent to Bermuda. The greens keeper they hired is a Bermuda expert but the greens are still bent. At least that's the rumor I heard.

They are switching from bent to Bermuda. The greens keeper they hired is a Bermuda expert but the greens are still bent. At least that's the rumor I heard.

They were talking about it on 610 this morning and Jim Celania knows one of the executives there and from what I gathered was that they went to Bermuda and the cold March that we had didn't allow the Bermuda to take because it needs heat. I may have misunderstood that but that's how I took it.

He was also saying that Augusta has Bermuda and it looked great this early in the year but that is because they put their greens into "a coma" and no one plays on the course in the summer which I have never heard before.  

The consensus is that they will be moving this tournament to the summer to now that the greens will be Bermuda.  

That is the year that the PGA Championship will be in Charlotte right?