Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Wells Fargo Championship

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently they sprayed something that caused this.

Posted

My front yard looks better than that.

Posted

It's bad... We just left. The course overall looks good, the greens are terrible. We sat on #11 green for a bit, its the worst. Then we sat on #13 until Bubbas group came thru... It's bad, very bumpy and I can tell the pros are pissed.

I'll be at #5 fairway tomorrow, stop and see me if you're there.

Posted

We have bent at my course and the worst green we have is 1000x better than the best at Quail at the moment.

Just got back from the tourney and I'm absolutely shocked how bad they are. 16 has more bare spots than bent. They're saying already it's the worst green in PGA Tour history. Which is really a shame because the fairways are absolutely perfect.

Posted

They're saying already it's the worst green in PGA Tour history.

Wow

Posted

I can't tell you how bad 16 and to a lesser extent 9 are. There's no way they can move the pin all weekend at 16. There's nowhere else to put it. The rest of the green is mold or mud.

Posted

I can't tell you how bad 16 and to a lesser extent 9 are. There's no way they can move the pin all weekend at 16. There's nowhere else to put it. The rest of the green is mold or mud.

Wow, that's too bad. So are they transitioning from bent to Bermuda or vice versa? I thought I heard they were going to Bermuda.

I'm sending my parents on Saturday. I'm missing it again this year because of my sons Cub Scout camping trip.

Posted

i can't believe QH let this happen.

Posted

Wow, that's too bad. So are they transitioning from bent to Bermuda or vice versa? I thought I heard they were going to Bermuda.

I'm sending my parents on Saturday. I'm missing it again this year because of my sons Cub Scout camping trip.

They have bent and are going to Bermuda on Tuesday.

The odd thing is that most of the private courses in Charlotte have bent greens too, but Quail's are the only ones I've seen that died like this. We punched ours 7 weeks ago and they're still not recovered, but they're nothing like this.

Posted

I'm headed out in like an hour

Posted

just one more thing in North Carolina that sucks!!!!

ohhh.....burn

Posted

just one more thing in North Carolina that sucks!!!!

ohhh.....burn

2l6grs.jpg

1 person likes this