Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Surprised Gettleman hasnt made some firings

Carolina Panthers

Best Answer rayzor, 02 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Thats my point, usually after the draft is when scouts get let go.

unless they did a good enough job.

i think the problem for years has been the GM and not necessarily the scouting dept.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Would think he would get rid of some off the scouts and bring in people he knows.  Not talking Gregory but people under him. 

#2 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

he needs to fire armanti/naka/fua ... i would set up a charity fund to make this happen.

#3 Sod

Sod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

He really praised the work the scouts had done and the whole process leading up to the the draft. Maybe he won't.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

aside from gregory it is a new one...relatively new anyway. after the 2011 draft pretty much everyone got canned and what you saw in the 2012 draft was the result of the new crew.

gettleman seemed to think that what we had was good enough and all the current guys needed was training and tools.

#5 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

he needs to fire armanti/naka/fua ... i would set up a charity fund to make this happen.

I would support this charity

#6 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I would support this charity

The more i think about it, it should be considered a "Relief Fund" more than a charity. Charity benefits a cause, relief funds help fix disaster. the FANC Relief Fund [read 'fancy relief fund] for Fua/Armanti/Naka/Clausen. Will get with my lawyers asap.

#7 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

SANNY CLAWS, KP AS WELL

#8 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

He needs to get a new training staff!

#9 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Nothing like the Huddle wanting to fire/cut every single player/coach/front office member.  Thank god the Panthers aren't run by Huddlers. 

#10 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Would think he would get rid of some off the scouts and bring in people he knows.  Not talking Gregory but people under him. 

I kinda thought that too, initially, but there's a lot we're not privy to that Gettleman (and Accorsi when he was consulting) would have been able to see.  Like the scouting information that was provided to Hurney before picks were made.  

What I take from this is an indictment on what was done with the information given vs an indictment on the information itself.  Or it could simply be that he believes there is talent in the scouting department that was badly mismanaged or misdirected from the top and doesn't see the need to replace the staff when maybe he can just point them in a better direction.

#11 Krucid

Krucid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Nothing like the Huddle wanting to fire/cut every single player/coach/front office member.  Thank god the Panthers aren't run by Huddlers. 

Also add a statue of every decent player to step onto the field and every retired player to become a coach.

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,332 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

He came in during the middle of the scouting season.  It would have been pretty dumb to cut them loose and then ask new people to pick it up halfway through the process.

Now that the draft is over (and with it, the scouting process) I suspect he may make a few moves between now and the fall.

#13 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

He came in during the middle of the scouting season.  It would have been pretty dumb to cut them loose and then ask new people to pick it up halfway through the process.

Now that the draft is over (and with it, the scouting process) I suspect he may make a few moves between now and the fall.

Thats my point, usually after the draft is when scouts get let go.

#14 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,332 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

All of the scouts are probably on vacay at fire island for two weeks. The axe will probably fall when they get back.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I kinda thought that too, initially, but there's a lot we're not privy to that Gettleman (and Accorsi when he was consulting) would have been able to see.  Like the scouting information that was provided to Hurney before picks were made.  

What I take from this is an indictment on what was done with the information given vs an indictment on the information itself.  Or it could simply be that he believes there is talent in the scouting department that was badly mismanaged or misdirected from the top and doesn't see the need to replace the staff when maybe he can just point them in a better direction.

i think it's what i bolded. two things that i noticed when talking about the scouting dept. and making decisions is that he wanted to give them better tools and he emphasized often about listening which leads me to believe that wasn't something that there was a lot of when hurney was here. i also remember something said about being a macro-manager instead of a micro-manager which also leads me to believe that hurney was more of a micro-manager, which isn't really the best use of other people's talents.

the scouts may have been good and knowledgable, but when the boss man disregards your opinion consistently then your skills are wasted and effectiveness is limited.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com