Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman on 610am - Summary of Interview

41 posts in this topic

Posted

When did we grab this TE Rosario? Where did he come from?

Posted

I agree that we may have had a few WR's on our radar in the draft, but with the comments he made about:

-  Both Smitty & Lafell being established players (was kind of suprised he gave Lafell that respect although I do)

-  Hixon's versatility and ability to play all WR positions and help in return game if needed

-  Ginn's ability to stretch the field (although he needs to work on his hands) and mentioned that

-  Joe Adams is "coming along nicely"

I think that they are settled and believe we can compete now with what we have in house and will only upgrade if something becomes available that is too good to pass up.  He made no mention of Pilares, Gettis, or Armanti... not that I was expecting any.

i think he definitely upgraded the corps as a whole. i think even in just that we should be more competitive. I'm just worried about what things will look like without smitty. 

armanti, pilares and probably gettis are all gone, though. i can't imagine us keeping all three or even two of them. wouldn't surprise me at all to see none of those three on the roster by  time the season starts.

Posted

When did we grab this TE Rosario? Where did he come from?

Last year as a UDFA. Out of Ucla. He was a receiver in college. Tall kid with good hands they say.

Posted

i think he definitely upgraded the corps as a whole. i think even in just that we should be more competitive. I'm just worried about what things will look like without smitty. 

armanti, pilares and probably gettis are all gone, though. i can't imagine us keeping all three or even two of them. wouldn't surprise me at all to see none of those three on the roster by  time the season starts.

Agreed.  As much as I have come around on our WR corp as a whole recently, not having Smitty would change everything.  Lets hope he's still got 3 productive years left in the tank.

Posted

It's also important to note that drafting a HB and LB to this roster may seem silly until one of our HB's and/or LB's goes down... then it will seem like genius. You can never have enough depth at LB, especially with Be as on and Davis both coming off major injuries.

You can look at DT the same way... what happens if Dean goes down in the preseason with a significant injury? (God forbid)

Posted

Funny how Huddlers and reporters forget about the year Stephen davis, Deshaun Foster went down and we ran with Nick Goings.

Or our lbers two season ago!! when UPS dudes were tackling for us.

No one position is really deep ..id say now our D- Line is deep and can withstand an inj to a key DE now..and Barner solidifies the HB depth(its a freakin 6th rounder!! Quit freaking out peeps)

Posted

I know this counts for nothing, but I've met Nelson a few times and he's a good kid... easy to root for. I half-jokingly asked him if he could hook me up with a pair of those fancy vapor-jet gloves (with the logo in the palm) one day to save me from spending $100 on them in the team store, he said "sure, come with me" and I followed him down the path from the practice fields to the stadium. He went through the gate and came out a min later with a pair. I was so grateful that I asked him to sign them for me (he doesn't get asked to sign much).

EDIT: Here's a pic to satisfy the "pics or it didn't happen" contingency, LOL

IMG_20130502_102414_628_zps148f59f0.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

I think that most of us saw the interest in KK and knew he woudl be in play at #44.  What surprised everyone was taking him there after they took Star.

Yea, agree. I think we all knew it in the back of our minds that it could possibly happen. We just didnt want to believe it.

Posted

I'm pretty sure a lot of people did.

Not really. Most people here including myself wasnt a big fan of Short before we drafted him.

We all wanted Cyprien or a receiver.

Psychologically, it was in the back of our minds.

Posted

I was thinking we would go DT at # 44 because Gettleman emphasized how deep the class was, I don't think Gettleman honestly expected Star to be there at # 14 and when he was there he was too good to pass up. 

When the Jets took Richardson and we took Star, I think Gettleman expected a run on DT's so I think he was pleasantly surprised when Short was still there at # 44 and again decided there was too much value to pass him up, even though we had already addressed the position at # 14. 

Posted

Asked about having the on paper toughest NFL schedule he answered, "They have to play us!" credited Rivera for that swag.

That gave me chills

1 person likes this

Posted

Not really. Most people here including myself wasnt a big fan of Short before we drafted him.

We all wanted Cyprien or a receiver.

Psychologically, it was in the back of our minds.

I'm not saying anybody here babe Ruth called it but I think that most people saw the interest was genuine and felt he was quite possibly the guy

It's why I was pretty positive we weren't going DT unless Star fell and I'm certainly not the only one who felt that way.